Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich V Charlton - Predictions, poll and pre-match views

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Hard fought win. 2 - 1 to us with Toddy and Varney getting the goals

Comments

• Options
    Varney to break his charlton to win lump on it I ve got the feeling........ the same one i have before every game!!
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited October 2008
    2-0 to them, lost confidence, if we win I will be the happiest man in South East England though.
  • Options
    I think we'll be lucky to get nil -
  • Options
    Loving the positivism Henry, I too shall maintain my high hoping rose tinted view with a 1-0 victory with a late late goal (a la soton and Bristol City last year) this years Iwelumo being Andy Gray.
  • Options
    I think we will have fight hard, as they play the ball around and open us up a lot but I think we will get something as Toddy's goal could be the start of something (we came from behind! (then again I have been saying that for weeks))
  • Options
    considering our away performances of late I think 3-0 ipswich.

Unless Pards goes positive then 1-1 - i'LL IGNORE MY TWIN WHO POSTED ABOVE.
  • Options
    2-0 ipswich
  • Options
    id be chuffed with a point....

the turmoil the club has been through...

At the mo im really a bit low about the club, but when we llok back at history there are alot of clubs that have been through what we are going through and I think that as a club to go through this will bring back the team spirit and drive that got us up to those heights we achieved previously...

1-1
  • Options
    hmmm really don't no, ipswichs home form hasn't been all that this year

still hard fought lose i reckon, hopefully a draw, but in no way can I see us winning this - (playin devils advocate!)
  • Options
    3-0 Ipswich
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15/2 varney score charlton to win
  • Options
    2-2
  • Options
    1-5 Charlton.

Varney the new Leaburn.
  • Options
    I'm going for an away win
    i know we've only scored 2 away from home all season and we're not playing very well but tonights the night the season gets turned round

Positive thoughts people...postitive thoughts!
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    a draw from charlie is bloody positive
  • Options
    2 or 3 nil to Ipswich. They are coming off an excellent away win, and should be full of confidence.

I'd like to be more upbeat about it, but I can't think of a single reason to be positive about a Charlton away game (or home game at the moment..).
  • Options
    Our Hopeless away record makes this an easy choice Home win.
  • Options
    Last year if we beat a team at home, we nearly always lost away - they seemed to learn much more from the first match than we ever did. I'd love us to carry on where we left off in second half on Sat, but fear we won't. Prove me wrong, guys!
  • Options
    Seen nothing home or away to make me think we will do anything other than lose My guess 2 - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The people saying we will win must be super optimistic. We won't score so we have no chance. 2-0 Ipswich.
  • Options
    2-0 to Ipswich. I just can't see that we have a prayer. I hope to God that I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Away win. That Todorov goal has given them confidence to move on now! and will be loving not playing in front of the home crowd.

Away the lads. Wish i could go. Good luck.
  • Options
    B, I thought the crowd and atmosphere was generally much better on Sat - a few eejits still booing, but much more noise and encouragement throughout, even when the first half was crap and we were losing.

We need to make sure we don't talk the atmosphere down all the time...
  • Options
    Toddy's goal should definitely have given them confidence, but possibly only enough to get a draw, I'll go for 1-1
  • Options
    I wasnt slagging off the atmosphere, it was great, i sat in a different seat and heard the north upper loud and clear. Thoroughly enjoyed the second half.

BUT regardless the players will still feel more pressure playing at home. If thats talking down the atmosphere then so be it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I wasnt slagging off the atmosphere, it was great, i sat in a different seat and heard the north upper loud and clear. Thoroughly enjoyed the second half.

BUT regardless the players will still feel more pressure playing at home. If thats talking down the atmosphere then so be it.

I'm maybe not as sympathetic to the poor loves (the players, that is...) as you are! ;-) I don't like to think they have a mindset of 'loving not playing in front of the home crowd' - especially when we did give them a lot of encouragment on Saturday. Was hoping we could see Sat as a bit of a turning point of all pulling together to get us out of a relegation battle...;-)
  • Options
    We'll win tonight, i can feel it in my waters !!!!!!!!!

Followed by another 3 against Barnsley on Saturday, and we're off and running
  • Options
    ips 0 - 1 cafc (todorov)
  • Options
    2-0 Ipswich, Lisbie making a mug of our rock skipper.

Love the way these polls turn out, we could be playing Man United in the cup and there would still be more people voting away win :)