Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youga

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Been lurking for a while but have had to join to make this point.

Youga worst Charlton player I have ever seen. El Khalej better... Carl Tiler better... Cory Gibbs more useful.

Bring back Paul Sturgess!!!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: addickdude[/cite]Been lurking for a while but have had to join to make this point.

Youga worst Charlton player I have ever seen. El Khalej better... Carl Tiler better... Cory Gibbs more useful.

Frankly - thats bollocks. My nan was a better player than paul Sturgess, and as for El Khalej and Tiler... well, I'll just say it again: 'bollocks'
  • Options
    if he didn't have the barnet and catchy name would never have had such a run in the team....FACT imo ;-)
  • Options
    FAO Leroy

What Sturgess, El Khalej and Tiler have got going for them is they don't play for us anymore.

Lets sign your nan!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Totally agree.

I can put up with players like El K and Tiler because, while lacking skill, they at least put their bodies on the line and looked like they gave a f.

Youga is one of the worse players I ever seen in Charlton colours. And what makes it even more difficult to take is that Basey looks like a promising youngster that, given a run of games, would become a proper Charlton player.
  • Options
    He is bloody hopeless, never understood why people say he is frutrating because of all his ability - i have never seen it. Worst passer for us that i can remember that is for sure, wouldn't look out of place in my Sunday League team and we are cr@p.
  • Options
    And I'm not saying this because he gave away a penalty tonight. It was the performance at Cardiff that did it for me.

It said it all when Cardiff supporters around me started LAUGHING at him.

I don't want a witch hunt. I just want him out of the team.
  • Options
    i think he's hopeless, a different person to who we got glimpses of on his return from scunthorpe. he's a complete liability (another card and by all accounts mental penalty give away tonight that could easily have seen us slip to a 2-0 or 3-0 defeat). Only intensive positional work and a complete turnaround in temperament can sort him out

i said on a post last week, for me he is the worst player i've seen play for charlton that has as much popularity as he does

basey should be in there every day of the week
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Totally agree.

I can put up with players like El K and Tiler because, while lacking skill, they at least put their bodies on the line and looked like they gave a f.

Youga is one of the worse players I ever seen in Charlton colours. And what makes it even more difficult to take is that Basey looks like a promising youngster that, given a run of games, would become a proper Charlton player.

Agree and i think he should go to the reserves with varns to learn to play maybe put bailey up front ;o)
  • Options
    Send him back to Scunthorpe, his performances their seem to be considerably better then we have been able to get out of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]And what makes it even more difficult to take is that Basey looks like a promising youngster that, given a run of games, would become a proper Charlton player.

Even Brian Kinsey was faster than Basey. And probably still is .......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The OS match report says, "Youga had given away the spot-kick for handball after getting himself in an almightly muddle". Slight understatement I think having watched it on SSN. The bloke is a calamity of errors. He has no positional sense, can't pass, loses the ball in possession, and is reckless in the challenge. Although I like Basey, and I think he should be given more of a consistent chance, we need a new left back.
  • Options
    Carl Tiler when he played for us in the championship absolutely pissed this league,not a premier player,but this league was a walk in the park for him.
  • Options
    Every game he plays he makes a costly mistake. The bloke is awful.

Put Semedo there if you don't trust Basey
  • Options
    If only it was that easy. I wonder what book he has started reading?
  • Options
    I'm probably in a minority of one but I like Youga.

He has all the qualities to become a decent player given a bit more nous which will come through playing matches.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm probably in a minority of one but I like Youga.

He has all the qualities to become a decent player given a bit more nous which will come through playing matches.

No, you're wrong Len.

I like him too : - )

Makes far too many mistakes, mainly when he begins to think he's a better player than he is but is aggressive, tries to get forward and works hard.

Not saying that we can't do better and I actually prefer Basey but far far from the worse player ever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'm probably in a minority of one but I like Youga.

I like him as well. He just suffers from a certain over confidence, he needs his cul kicked on occasions. I loved him at 4.45pm last Saturday.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Me n all!! Def over confident at times...Works very well with Bouazza I think too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addickdude[/cite]Been lurking for a while but have had to join to make this point.

I would have taken you serious until you said El Khalej yuo are clearly deluded mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When Chrissy Powell gets his coaching gig with us he needs to spend some quality time with Youga. The makings of a great left back are there but it's gone horribly wrong between the ears.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]just updated his bloghttp://www.kellyyouga.com/blog/20081.Charlton%20need%20to%20be%20clinical

HOW DID THEY COME UP WITH HIS NICKNAME OF YOUGIE BEAR I WONDER ?
  • Options
    Does Kelly remind anyone else of Viz cartoon character, Terry Fuckwitt?

And I don't just mean the corkscrew hair. It's the fact that he seems completely unaware of where he is or what he is doing.

"This is not The Valley, Kelly. This is the British Museum, and you have just sent the ball spiralling towards the Rosetta Stone. Oh dear!"