Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The goals from tonight....

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Just saw them.

Don't blame Weaver for the first. It was one of those long inswinging ones from the touchline that goes over everyone's head bounces and swerves into the net. He is reliant on a defender dropping and getting a head on it. When its going against you.....

Great low save to his left for the pen.

Our goal, Bouazza on the right cuts in, low left foot cross. Bailey controls it with his right foot behind him, one bounce, and in the same motion swivels and fires home. Not to dissimilar to Clives third goal at Wembley, but about 5 yards further out. V. Good goal.

Comments

• Options
    where did you see them? presuming you have not got back from ispwich already :)
  • Options
    Sky Sports News
  • Options
    damn don't have it!
  • Options
    Good finish by Baily, bad goal to let in
  • Options
    the ipswich goal looked like it was going 5 yards wide when it left the fellas foot and swung so far back it must have been wind assisted...
    youga was caught over playing at the back for the penalty he gave away, not sure if it was for handball or a rash challenge... good save by weaver(he looked like he moved early!!)
    great control and finish from bailey ... he was in a similar position at palace away in the last few minutes and he tried to pass , fair play to him this time he had a go and scored!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]the ipswich goal looked like it was going 5 yards wide when it left the fellas foot and swung so far back it must have been wind assisted...
    youga was caught over playing at the back for the penalty he gave away, not sure if it was for handball or a rash challenge... good save by weaver(he looked like he moved early!!)
    great control and finish from bailey ... he was in a similar position at palace away in the last few minutes and he tried to pass , fair play to him this time he had a go and scored!!

Morts............ remember he can move from side to side but NOT forwards.
  • Options
    i thought weaver sprang forwards not quite as bad as van der sar does but good save still...... we can't afford to lose weaver in the window!!
  • Options
    Ok morts...I must admit I haven't seen it.
  • Options
    Weaver in my eyes, is at fault for the goal. Garvin put in 2 more balls in the 2nd half, from a simillar postion to their goal, and they caused problems at the back. Quality balls in from the young man, but we should not be letting in soft goals like that.