Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just got back

How we got a point i will never know,although we could have had all 3 in the last couple of minutes.MOO2 & Sam shockin,Youga shockin,Semedo yet again changes the game,Bouazza did well when he came on.I was gobsmacked by the changes from the second half saturday.

Other points,first time I have heard We want Pardew out sung,i didn't join in at first but after 70 mins I with many others did.

After 75 mins I told my mate that we were going to get a draw as Ipswich wasted chance after chance,

Weaver at fault for the goal but made a stunning save then the penalty save.

Bailey made a superb headed clearence when a goal looked odds on.Took his goal very well

We were singing One shot we only want One shot.

Then when we scored we sang One shot we only need One shot.

Good support although there was nearly a punch up between a pardew supporter and someone singing we want pardew out.

Anyway the weather was awful going up there I have never seen so many dark clouds,hail stones and then lightning hitting the road in front of us about 6 times.A couple of brandies now,surely we can't keep on playing this badly and saturday is a massive fixture for us.

Comments

• Options
    Cheers NSS
  • Options
    well done NSS, definitely a testing night for those that braved it on all fronts
  • Options
    any1 know how many went 2nite
  • Options
    i would say 700-800
  • Options
    NSS I agree with pretty much all of that. 80 minutes of total dross (other than Weavers Pen save), followed by 10 minutes when with some composure, we could have mugged 'em for all three.

MOM - Bailey by a mile - great energy, fantastic clearance which saw him collide with the post. He limped off the pitch twice, once at the end of the first half after he was kicked, and after the collision. Yet he popped up in their box to score the goal.

Special mention for Weaver, he made up for the mistake for their goal with one great save from a shot from outside the box and then the penalty. I felt somehow the luck was with us and that we might sneak something.

As for the rest, well only Holland, Hudson and Cranie were at all decent. Ambrose had one of his games where he just seemed to fluff everything. Tody was clearly well maked and couldn't find any space. Varney tried hard but was for the most part totally ineffective. Youga, if he was dropped on saturday to liven him up, it didn't work. Moo2 tried his best but kept giving the ball away. Sam did likewise. Dickson looked lively when he came on and Semedo had one brilliant run which almost led to a goal. Pards must play him from the start at right back or in midfield.

I couldn't really understand why neither Wright or Basey or McLeod made the squad.

Still a points a point.
  • Options
    agreed bing,the best bit was the old charlton humour shining through with

ONE SHOT WE ONLY WANT ONE SHOT WE ONLY WANT ONE SHOT WEONLY WANT ONE SHOT lol
  • Options
    Maybe Telinoz is right and this could be a turning point, bing used the word "luck" which I don't think we could associate with us in recent weeks plus the fact Bailey was MoM is fantastic as he'd had a poor couple of games so hopefully a good win Saturday and all will look rosey again!
  • Options
    i hope so too but after saturday i said that could be the turning point then we turn another 80 mins of shite.
  • Options
    What we saw in Bailey was real character, so lacking in players like Ambrose, Youga, Sam, and Moo2. I'd forgotten but there was another headed clearance by him as well as the one which could have put him in hospital. If he has also been carrying an injury (as some have suggested) it was an awesome performance. I suspect he was gutted after the Bristol Game and the first half against Burnley so to come roaring bacl is fantastic.
  • Options
    I'm a long way away from it all, but is the first time we have got points that we don't deserve this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were awful.

Counago for them was brilliant, missed pen, missed another 3/4 good chances, would fit in well at The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I'm a long way away from it all, but is the first time we have got points that we don't deserve this season?

No, we won at Doncaster dispite being battered for much of the game.
  • Options
    It is very good to hear that Bailey is back to his best, such a key player for us!
  • Options
    I thought our support was crap until we scored. One idiot sat near me shouted F. Off Weaver after his mistake (one of very few he makes - how many points won are down to him - all 3 at doncaster for a start) and then when he saved the penalty the same guy was chanting "Weaver, Weaver"

I thought the chants of Pardew Out didn't help - the away fans are usually better than this. We need to get behind the team no matter how bad things get otherwise we become part of the problem
  • Options
    do me a favour moo2 gave the ball away on 10 consecutive occasions how much is this geezer getting paid whilst we leave semedo on the bench.People are saying it's not Pardew's fault well who made the poxy changes from yesterday.His post comments are I believe we are a team in recovery,what the hell is that all about.Sorry but i think the fans have had enough and before people start accusing me,of starting it,well no I finally joined in after 70 mins of dross.
  • Options
    Well at least I'm not the jinx - First away point for me in over 10 years.

Support was cracking (at the top of the stand). Forgotten how good the banter is at away games.

50/50 calling for Pardew to go. Weaver, superb apart from letting in the goal. Bailey - Everywhere. Matt Holland - Everywhere. Varney - Ran is socks off again. Todorov, hmm - too slow.

Hate to say it but the rest of the team were awful, introduction of Semedo, Bouazza and Dickson changed it completely. Pards please start with the line up that finished the game last night.

Moo2, Lloydie and Youga - totally lack confidence. We need someone to take them under their wings and nurture them.

Traffic was awful - got into the ground 1 min after kick off. Thanks to 3Blokes for the lift.
  • Options
    becareful BDL it is not fashionable to heap praise on Holland, he is crap after all worst midfielder at club :-)
  • Options
    not what i wanted to hear

Was hoping for a good performance alround by the lads and we were lucky not to win

Oh well the joys of being a Charlton fan
  • Options
    Support was cracking (at the top of the stand). Forgotten how good the banter is at away games.

Got to agree BDL, one geezer shouts your shite and you know it,to which we all reply which one of the 11 are you referring to.

We start singin after crowd is announced your grounds to big for you.Boogica starts singin my dicks too big for me.
  • Options
    ''What we saw in Bailey was real character''

wasn't there but that sounds good, esp. after two poor personal performances. Character is what is required now and it's in shorter supply than skill in some parts of the squad.

disturbing to hear that much (half?) of the away support is now singing 'Pardew out'... as we know, those who battle through the hail and floods to the wilds of East Anglia on a Tuesday night are the hardcore Charlton diehards who would follow the team through the gates of Hades. If they've had enough of the managerial accident-zone that is AP, then we are in trouble because, although in an ideal world I agree with them, we are stuck with him. Civil war would appear to beckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Weaver 6
    Moo2 5
    Youga 5
    Hudson 6
    Cranie 6
    Sam 5
    Bailey 6
    Holland 6
    Ambrose 6
    Nelson 6
    Todorov 6

Semedo 6
    Bouazza 6
    Dickson 5

2 poor sides. Like Burnley, Ipswich had the chances to put the games well out of site, but there own bloody fault. 82 mins to have our first shot, and we get a point. To me it's a confidence thing we have with some of these players, cause as soon as we scored we looked a different team, and had a great chance to win it.

Weaver at fault for the goal, but played well after.

Was Wright and Basey ill/injuried?
  • Options
    dont know shirty but their ommission was shockin
  • Options
    Is Gray injured?
  • Options
    Gray has a family illness and is not around at the moment.
  • Options
    All this talk of Turning points is beginning to make me laugh. Perhaps we should face the possibility that the team (Not the players) is simply not good enough. We have players with Premiership experience but that does not neccessarily mean we have the nouse to play this level of football. Perhaps we are going to stumble from one performance to another & we as fans may have to accept that that is the level we are at this season, worrying thought ?
  • Options
    That is a worrying thought, Ketman. But we went into this match with something to build on. What Pardew had to do was work out how and why we got it right in the first 25 mins v Bristol City and the second half v Burnley and formulate a plan to play like that over 90 mins.

Instead, by all accounts we spent 80 mins replicating the second half v Bristol C and the first half v Burnley.How did that happen? Team selection? Tactics? Lack of character? Motivation? I'm flummoxed - and so, it seems,is the manager.

The fact is that we actually had something encouraging to buuild on last night and for some reason we couldn't do it and had to rely on luck and Ipswich ineptitutde to steal a point and we've now won just one match in our last eight...
  • Options
    Pardew changes things every now and then.

Yassin in for Semedo.
    Semedo in for Cranie.
    Basey for Youga
    Wright for Holland
    Toddy for Gray
    4-5-1 to 4-4-2

We're running out of option to try and still nothing is working. We don't create chances and when we do we fluff them, and we're lightweight in midfield and our defence is error prone.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Pardew changes things every now and then.

Yassin in for Semedo.
    Semedo in for Cranie.
    Basey for Youga
    Wright for Holland
    Toddy for Gray
    4-5-1 to 4-4-2

We're running out of option to try and still nothing is working. We don't create chances and when we do we fluff them, and we're lightweight in midfield and our defence is error prone.[/quote]

Oh joy of joys ... things are looking great.....

whats even worse big is totally agree with you.......

to be fran as long as we stay up then ill be happy.....

as for next year Im already shi((ing myself, more cuts, no money.... triffic......
  • Options
    not a lot else to say. If we had lost 3-0 or 4-0 we couldn't have complained, we were shocking. Ipswich's finishing was woeful. Some of their chances were so easy they made Varney's on Saturday look difficult. Hudson, Cranie, Holland and Bailey played well, Weaver reedemmed himself with the pen save and Varney worked his socks off. The others were pants. Previously I'd thought Youga a clown but I realise now he is really a juggler in disguise.

If we had lost the 'we want Pardew out' chants would have been quite widespread imo. I didn't join in during the game but would have at the end if we had lost. His constant team changes are getting ridiculous. I still believe we have a decent enough top-six squad and if that is the case then we are under-performing and the blame for that can only be laid at one person's door.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]All this talk of Turning points is beginning to make me laugh. Perhaps we should face the possibility that the team (Not the players) is simply not good enough. We have players with Premiership experience but that does not neccessarily mean we have the nouse to play this level of football. Perhaps we are going to stumble from one performance to another & we as fans may have to accept that that is the level we are at this season, worrying thought ?

Feck me Kets - I know you and NSS were separated at birth but you've always been the positive one while he's been the miserable old goat. We must be in a bad way.