Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I give you our right back for the rest of the season

Jose Semedo first class,bit stupid against Cardiff but apart from that quality.

Comments

• Options
    Yep, I wouldn't argue with that. He is far too good to be left out imho.
  • Options
    I totally agree, I have been a fan a Jose for quite some time now. He needs to be starting at full back on Saturday.
  • Options
    When he came on I thought "why have we taken off an attacking wing back for Semedo when we are one down?" Then Semedo took the ball halfway down the pitch and demonstrated why. This seems to be a new improved attacking Semedo with more confidence going forward.
  • Options
    Semedo seems to have come back from last year with greater composure and confidence on the ball, why he hasnt been a permanent feature in the side I dont know. Would be one of the first choices on my team sheet.
  • Options
    so we just drop yassin now?

or does he go RM
  • Options
    Ive never been a fan of Moo2 as a full back but have never really seen him play in midfield.
    Yeah he shows good touches going forward and overlapping when in conjunction with the winger, whether he could do the job in midfield I dont know.
  • Options
    Semedo stuck on at right back, however i suppose it depends what fantasy/Championship Manager side Pardew picks this saturday.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]so we just drop yassin now?

In a word yes as last nights performance would have been embarrasing in the Kent League.
  • Options
    Think we need him at left back to be honest
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yassin weren't too bad. He made a few mistakes but he also made up for them by tackling back. Made no more than anyone else last night.

Semedo did well as he had one good run as soon as he came on, but he kept the ball better than Yassin

Want both to play as both with more games they play will become better players for it. Semedo has played left back before, should go in place of the blundering Youga
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    I say Semedo pretty decent left back also so would keep moo2 on the right.
  • Options
    Pardew recently agreed that Semedo was one of the best players at the club and sooner or later he would nail down a place.....well, er......we are still waiting AP....sort it out
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I like Semedo and think we should find a place for him, but dropping Moots after one bad game (he was one of the MoM in last 2) makes us as bad as Pardew. Keep Moots in and play Semedo left or in middle.
  • Options
    One of our better players, should find somewhere in the team for him.

I like Yassin but he is the kind of player that will benefit from a better and more confident team. He also needs a run in the team. Not sure I ever see Pardew getting the best out of him.
  • Options
    I cant believe people saying Moots wasnt too bad last night. It was in my 41 years of support by far and away the most inept individual performance I have ever seen. If he is playing Saturday then Pardew is two stops short of dagenham.
  • Options
    Moots seems to have a problem when it comes to away games
  • Options
    Moo2, and the treatment of him, sums up the whole problem for me - he no doubt has talent, but not consistency nor confidence. How he can go from being MoM on Sat to dire last night is a real issue. Pards' only solution seems to be to drop a player in that situation, sideline them, then only chuck 'em back in when he has no other option due to injuries, suspensions etc, or to 'shake it up'. He also often publically singles them out for criticism. He does it with Moo2, Sam, Semedo, Basey, Youga and now probably McLeod, Wright and Dickson. Perform below par for half an hour, and they are subbed and dropped. No wonder they have no confidence. No wonder they sometimes find it difficult to rise to the challenge.
  • Options
    Moo2 is a homer, and that why the majority of fans love him, wonderful when you're attacking at home, awful when defending away.

Preston, Scunthorpe, Ipswich and a few others come to mind
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Moots seems to have a problem when it comes to away games

Thrives on support ;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I cant believe people saying Moots wasnt too bad last night. It was in my 41 years of support by far and away the most inept individual performance I have ever seen. If he is playing Saturday then Pardew is two stops short of dagenham.[/quote]

Blimey, worse than Mike Small??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem with Semedo is that the timing of his tackles can be akin to Paul Scholes. If he could sort that out and stop getting sent off Pards may be more inclined to play him.
  • Options
    bit harsh considering he's been unlucky both times