Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strange conversations at football

Also got this of the Gers site wondered if anyone here has over heard some strange conversations

Now, I'm not for one minute suggesting you shouldn't be having conversations whilst the game is on, I do it myself. But some of the stuff I heard from the people beside me last night, I couldn't believe.

Including:

1) A near ten minute conversation about Bovril.
2) How funny it would be to "attack the linesman". "What do you think he would do? Hee hee".
3) The benefits of having toasted cheese for supper.
4) How they liked their cocoa.

This wasn't even at half-time, this was during the first half

Comments

• Options
    yeah, i heard people actually talking about supporting the team! bizarre!
  • Options
    LOL lefty - that's a quality post
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Also got this of the Gers site wondered if anyone here has over heard some strange conversations

Now, I'm not for one minute suggesting you shouldn't be having conversations whilst the game is on, I do it myself. But some of the stuff I heard from the people beside me last night, I couldn't believe.

Including:

1) A near ten minute conversation about Bovril.
    2) How funny it would be to "attack the linesman". "What do you think he would do? Hee hee".
    3) The benefits of having toasted cheese for supper.
    4) How they liked their cocoa.

This wasn't even at half-time, this was during the first half

Strangest for me, Man City at home, near Christmas about 7-8 years back, sitting on a train at Blackheath, next stop Charlton.
    Posh new fan types get on, all new shiny red & white scarves on, they then spent 5 minutes discussing that they actually know someone who goes to the away games and visits pubs near the away ground....they were actually stunned that people do this, your typical SKY, newbie, only there for the Premiership fans.
    If you've ever seen the Fast Show new fan with a hamper at the game sketches, these people were it.
  • Options
    This is not a football related anecdote but one that is funny in the context of its location.

I was standing in the John Peel tent at Glastonbury this summer and two lads walked in and stood nearby as a band called The National were about to come on.

Lad 1: "Not too many in here, I guess everyone's gone to see The Verve"

Lad 2: "People who've gone to see The Verve know f**k-all about music. This band is the way ahead."

About two minutes pass...

Lad 1: "Who is this John Peel bloke anyway?"

Lad 2: "I dunno, something to do with Radio 1 I think."

I had to laugh.
  • Options
    Sco that is quality i would have pished my self in front of them