Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One small point from tonight's Premiership football.......

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
15 out of the 25 goals tonight were scored by Englishman.

Considering the thirst for foreign imports at top level, that seems a pretty high ratio to me, and good to see.

Comments

• Options
    statto ;-) ;-) ;-) anorak ;-) ;-) ;-)
  • Options
    cosmic
  • Options
    it's a superb league FACT ...
    and i'd love to see us up there but we're at the wrong end of the chumpionship and those glory days seem like a lifetime ago and are just a fading memory. a nice one all the same... unlike the current drivvle the team provides...
    still no point criticising the team or manager on an internet forum cos the over protective mob start crying ffs
    we're so bad at the moment FACT

but WE all LOVE Charlton
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]still no point criticising the team or manager on an internet forum cos the over protective mob start crying ffs
    we're so bad at the moment FACT

Thanks for turning a decent stat about English goalscorers into your own negative agenda. Let's discuss how you banging on and on about Alan Curbishley being our manager several years ago is helping us get out of this current situation and back to the premiership which you also seem to see as being the only way Charlton can be up to your exacting standards.
  • Options
    And sco you are also my hero.
  • Options
    i want the best for our team and the premiership is as good as it'll get for us imo ...
    i have never criticised the board and never will ...
    it doesn't just happen someones had to pay for the rise of our club (and the boad are up there with curbs as far as i'm concerned with what's been achieved) but the fact is we're underperforming on the field of play( as bad as we have since the early 80's imo) and whatever we warble on about on this forum isn't gonna make us a better team imo
    i just keep thinking of the good times to get me thru this crisis
    i could waffle on about how us getting behind the team will make a difference but i genuinely don't think it will, i don't agree with booing either
    we had f**k all support when lennie took us up and man city and leeds had monster support when they went to the third tier
    in an ideal world we'd all be screaming passionately for the team for 90 minutes but it isn't gonna happen
    there aren't that many people that feel as passionately about charlton as we do ....
    sorry if me waffling on for ages about curbs is boring but you can skip my posts ;-)
    anyway back to our away support.........;-)
  • Options
    I think the argument ooh aah is the fact that you work this topic into virtually every subject you post on. This one for example a prime example.

Its just so repetitive mate, and after a while it starts to grate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i want the best for our team and the premiership is as good as it'll get for us imo ...
    i have never criticised the board and never will ...
    it doesn't just happen someones had to pay for the rise of our club (and the boad are up there with curbs as far as i'm concerned with what's been achieved) but the fact is we're underperforming on the field of play( as bad as we have since the early 80's imo) and whatever we warble on about on this forum isn't gonna make us a better team imo
    i just keep thinking of the good times to get me thru this crisis
    i could waffle on about how us getting behind the team will make a difference but i genuinely don't think it will, i don't agree with booing either
    we had f**k all support when lennie took us up and man city and leeds had monster support when they went to the third tier
    in an ideal world we'd all be screaming passionately for the team for 90 minutes but it isn't gonna happen
    there aren't that many people that feel as passionately about charlton as we do ....
    sorry if me waffling on for ages about curbs is boring but you can skip my posts ;-)
    anyway back to our away support.........;-)

I found that far more of a rational argument than "still no point criticising the team or manager on an internet forum cos the over protective mob start crying ffs".

I don't disagree with you on any of your points except on support.

Yes we did have f*** all support during the Lennie years but nigh-on every single one of the people in the "crowd" were there because they loved the club and got behind it. Also playing in a stadium that is only a quarter full is probably a darn site easier than a three-quarter full ground filled mostly with your own fans that groan at every miss placed pass and boo you collectively at the first possible opportunity.

Our team isn't that great and our manager is doing little to convince us that he knows what system we should play and what players should be playing it, but I know if I am playing a match of football that having support boosts me up to do my best. I want to play my best to pay back that support. Perhaps the same is true of the professionals at our club. That is something I can do each and every match I attend.
  • Options
    Back on topic, I hope someone points this out to Platini...