Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Name Change

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Change our NickName away from "The Addicks" ..... I've just HALIBUT enough of this Stupidity !!!

Comments

• sounds a bit fishy to me.

(get the easy one done quickly before anyone else)
  • Yes ,but where does it rank on a SCALE of 1 to 10
  • This is neither the time nor the PLAICE to be discussing our nickname.
  • I wish SALMON would just sink this thread
  • Surely they must feel GILLty about this propsal?
  • what a load of codswallop
  • That's trout of order
  • when richard murray finds out, eel never have it
  • Its a RUDDy great fish story. I'm sure they are just looking for a new ANGLE and hope some people will get HOOKED on something new. My view is that this will soon hit the ROCKs. If it does I for one will be doing the CONGER......
  • I would have paid to change the name but thought sick squid was too much
  • Sponsored links:

• this has got to be encROACHing on our civil liberties. This geezer sitting on his high PERCH giving it the big one. We are like a ship with no RUDDer.
  • Oi...whoever started this thread...on yer PIKE.
  • Cod Almighty, i'm glad this plaice is starting to find its humour again.
  • The decision on this subject is like being stuck between a ROCK and a hard PLAICE.
  • If this is their inTENCHion, I think it will work out to be BRILL. A name change will get them packed in like SARDINES. Then the world will be our OYSTER. So enough of this negative POLLOCKS, CARPING and whinging, lets take the RUFFE with the smooth and get on with it.
  • This is just anothers example of money men flexing their MUSCLES
  • But would it help to buy a new centre half like that south african STAR FISH we used to have?
  • We were BREEMing with conFINdence before the start oof the season, now our chances of promtions are PIkE in the skye!
  • I see they,re being very Koi about the replacement name
  • I just thought I'd 'chip' in with a comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we are skating on fin ice
  • lets not change our name for the HALIBUT
  • The Addicks is traditional. I remember it from my early days when my Dad took me to games on his motor Pike and side Carp. It was a Honda Goldfish I Fink.
  • No, please don't change our name, it's rather lovely.
  • The Addicks should be our SOLE name, we are not MINNOWS you know, even if none of our players has a MULLETT
  • If we change the name, then that's me finished with Charlton.

I'd rather stay at home and watch prawn.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if some lazy journo doesn't HOOK into this as a LINE for some hack story before this thread gets SINKERed
  • I'm a dab hand at thinking of new names!
  • I wonder if Al the Addicks mate Stick'll back the move
  • If we drop the Addicks, i'd like to be the Sharks

Sharks now ere, the Charlton sing,
    The addocks swum away