Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Computer luddite help needed (part2)

Guy's

Suddenly not able to drag events- emails etc into other folders etc Outlook?

Any ideas? ( other than should have got a Mac- Rothko)

Thanks again..... :-)

Comments

• Should of got a mac mate. Went out and got myself a brand spanking new mini mac to replace my 4.5 year old one as it was too slow, but in that whole 4.5 years it didnt crash once, didnt have to put 'fire wall' ondidnt have wierd draggy problems like you have, and this new one is the utter nuts, 399, gig of ram, what more would anyone need, and its as fast as, easy to use and is only 6 inches squared and 2 inches high!!

Dude, should of got a mac!!
  • Why.....Is it raining ?
  • I know- and i wanted to but the software provided by most of my mortgage lenders and life companies often isn't supported on Mac...

And before any clever dick says it can be split i know now- but after i got my new laptop..

Still can't drag though and my in box is filling up....

Help! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Why.....Is it raining ?

PMPL - Quality!
  • Any error messages Stanmore?

Outlook is the thing to avoid imo, can't you use Thunderbird?
  • Not going to state the obvious about "wine-ing".
  • Yeah, thunderbird are go!!! (od)
  • Stanmore, what exactly is it you are trying to do? Drag emails out of your mailbox in outlook to another outlook folder, or drag them into a windows explorer folder instead? Have you tried doing copy and paste instead? (You need to be a bit careful with this as depending on your settings the pasting bit may end up overwriting emails you've already copied to the same folder).
  • Surely you can just highlight them, right click and then choose move to folder?????
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Why.....Is it raining ?

fantastic comment mate
  • Sponsored links:

• ......mmmm......kick the computer....?
  • Stan - have you've tried switching it off and back on again? ;-)

Go to Help, About Microsoft Outlook, and then check Disabled Items...

But agree with MCS - you should of got a Mac
  • you havent given us too much info here dude

is this a standalone email client or linked to an exchange server? may be that your pst file (mailbox on standalone client) has reached capacity which can be an issue on older versions of outlook.
  • People who buy macs are those who are scared to use a real PC....Windows all the way.

MACS are overrated. Bit like Spurs really.
  • MCSMCS
    edited October 2008
    I dont even really know how to use a pc, but i am a mac operator by trade so i cant be blamed for the blatent one sidedness of my arguements!!

Edit, Polo what i would say is, Macs are overrated to the mere mortal who just has one just cos they look nice and cos they have an 'ipod', in my job with my mac nous they are very underrated! Some of the programs are ace, and the benefit of a mac with iphone and mobile-me account is amazing.
  • I was just kidding mate, looking for someone to bite :)