Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Freeview and OnDigital

DA9DA9
edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
My freeview box looks like its on the way out (losing signal all the time lately, had it 4 years) so getting a secondary Virgin box installed in the bedroom to replace it in a couple of weeks.
However, speaking to the freeview helpline this morning, she told me (after I told her I still had it in the loft) that if I plugged my OnDigital box in, and assuming it still works, it will receive freeview channels still.

So if anyone has an old Ondigi box still, plug it in, freebie viewing.

Comments

• Options
    ooo those wonderful bygone days of ondigital and the £10 wonder cards to get all channels....happy days....mmm if id works ill have to check up in the loft......( ? so whens and attic and attic and a loft a loft..)....ill never find it as have a ark full of gear up there inc CV car parts for the good lady !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]ooo those wonderful bygone days of ondigital and the £10 wonder cards to get all channels....happy days....mmm if id works ill have to check up in the loft......( ? so whens and attic and attic and a loft a loft..)....ill never find it as have a ark full of gear up there inc CV car parts for the good lady !

Maybe shouldn't be saying this but I know someone (ahem) who had an Elvis programmer and access to engineers codes and could programme them monthly as they changed for £5 a pop
  • Options
    yes good times and the guy use to do it as a sport almost to see how he could keep out witting them....of course do not condone such action....yer right...
  • Options
    No wonder ITV Digital went bust!
  • Options
    On your Freeview box, go to Setup and turn the 'modulator' off.
    Should cure the problem till your new box arrives