Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunday's Headlines Today

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Varney's fireworks light up the Valley.

Mis-firing striker Luke Varney finally lit the blue touch paper on Charlton's season with a brace of goals against damp squibs Barnsley. Spinning like a Catherine Wheel onto Izele, "Roman Candle" McLeod's cross he rocketed in a last minute winner to send the Valley faithful into explosions of delight.

Comments

• ADDICKS SEND DINGLES PARKIN MAD.

After an easy Charlton win, the home faithful then raid all the local supermarkets to celebrate on parkin and therefore ensured there was none left for supporters of the South Yorkshire club.
  • WITCH STRIKER TODAY?

The Addicks suffered a Halloween Hangover from Hell yesterday as they slumped to a 1-0 defeat by struggling Barnsley in front of a hostile home crowd.

Tinkerman Alan Pardew started with the untried combination of Dickson and McLeod which turned out to be a trick rather than a treat for Charlton's long suffering fans as both appeared to be over awed by the occasion.

Pardew described his side as a team in recovery on tuesday night. After that woeful performance they are a team in intensive care....
  • All Smoke no Sparklers

Yet another unexplosive start at the Valley that like a cheap box of fireworks flattered to deceive.

As the fans massed in anticipation it may aswell have rained on a Fireworks party as this was like a more succesful version of the Gunpowder plot were Barnsley sneaked round the back and blew a big whole in charltons foundations and caused Pardew to be toppled from the leading position in SE7.

lets hope this is not a prediction if so just call me nthlondondamas
  • BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • edited November 2008
    CHARLTON PUT THE FRIGHTNERS ON BARNSLEY!!

The nightmare of halloween came a few hours later for a poor Barnsley side as Charltons forwards tricked the Barnsley back four and treated the Valley faithful to a much needed 3 ghouls to nil win.
  • It was like Charlton stuffing the saints again back in the 70's!On that ghostly friday eve!
    The day after Halloween!We beat the barnsley
    Pards said this is very SPOOKY!
    But saw no barnsley in our end
  • There was a young celebrating Tyke
    Who ran on the pitch in one Nike
    As he hopped through the sod
    With arms raised towards God
    You could see Pardew off on his bike
  • YOUGATCHA BE JOKING

Charlton left back Kelly Youga was once again the Charlton villain. The under pressure left back 23, score two own goals as Charlton slumped to a 2-1 defeat to relegation rivals Barnsley.

Manager Alan Pardew however said he will stick by the defender having seen him misplace an attempted clearance to Hamer Bouzza into his own net. "Kelly will come through this he has had better days and will always be the first one on the teamsheet, at least until I get the negatives back off him, I still think we have the best squad in this division and will win the league by 10 points or more, bla bla bla, how did West Ham get on?"
  • PARDEW GETS THE BARNSLEY CHOP
  • Bump

Nthlondondamas it is then
  • Sponsored links:

• Barnsley chop Charlton !
  • it was good to meet 1905 shame it was to discuss the sacking of Pardew but pleased to meet you fella
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]PARDEW GETS THE BARNSLEY CHOP

Hopefully the Big Man has called it right !
  • 'rabbits caught in headlights again'... 'brewery closed due to rain, piss up cancelled'
  • edited November 2008
    North London - Nice to meet you mate. Hopefully the next time under better circumstances.

The first time i have ever left the ground at half time - I hope it never happens again but i can not watch this team which is totally un charlton.
  • i wanted to walk out then but i had to stay to watch it i never thought there was any chance of a comeback but i had to watch to realise it can not ever get worse than that

nljr wanted to go after the 1st goal
  • PARDEW BLAMES THE FANS FOR CHARLTONS MISGIVINGS

Alan Pardew today blamed the Charlton faithful for the disappointing start to their season that today saw them tumble into the relegation zone.

"I cannot put a finger on who the worst 11 are", he told a bemused press conference. He went on; "It's extremely disheartening to hear the fans calling for my head. We need to get behind the team in these tough times. Therefore I'll be looking at bringing in some loan-fans to try and bolster the support we desperately need".
  • LOL

if you wernt so close to the truth it would be hillarious as that is what the fool will believe