Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football on Boxing Day!!!!

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Proper pished off with the movement of the Foolham game.

Anyone else looking at alternatives?

Comments

• its a disgrace really. gives me the hump everytime i think about it.
  • Nothing like standing in the old Covered End on Boxing day looking at all the new xmas present jumpers being worn for the time and wafts of brand new old spice and Hi Karate from all around.
  • don't even think welling are at home, are they ?
  • I use to love the old Covered end boxing days!For me i am going to Gravesend v Crawley Town 3pm ko!Stand on the terrace and listen to the we hate Gills songs!and slag of p.s the gills director song lol!
  • No Welling are away at Fisher ... which in effect is Dulwich. So I may jog over there ...
  • Im pissed off cos I agreed to go to see my in laws in Bath on the 27th thinking the game was on Boxing day. WIll now miss both Fooooolham and Villa
  • Ps only £12 to watch the fleet on boxing day!
  • Is it cos of Sky?
  • Erith & Belvedere v Erith Town at Park View Road.

Local Derby - Could be worth a look in.
  • Fisher v Welling could be very tasty indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• I tell you what will be tasty

cold turkey and chips with gerkins and left over xmas pudding!

that's what i'll be doing on boxing day! getting fat and enjoying it.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Fisher v Welling could be very tasty indeed.

The return fixture at Welling is on New Years Day.
  • No turkey at my mums, mainly cause everyone hates the sodding thing.

Nice Organic beef for me, and even lusher sarnies the next day
  • so it's at Fisher in Boxing Day and at Welling on New Year's Day? I see a plan forming.
  • i'll be at the new years day one.

turkey, chips, pickles and fried onions on boxing day !

glad there is no game as i've got 12 coming round !
  • BTW, who has chips with their cold meat? I have been bought up on cold meat and mash on boxing day, was/is my fave meal of ther year, with some pickled onions, gerkins, piccaliillttyy (or however the foooook you spell it) branston sweet chilli sauce on ya mash!

Blimey i am all cold turkey now!!
  • Ollie - I take it that you like pickle!!
  • Turkey sandwiches for me - fan-bloomin'-tastic!
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Ollie - I take it that you like pickle!!

Ollie's often pickled!
  • Yeah, i love cold meat and mash, i never really have pickle with anything, apart from a toasted chhese and pppiiicccilliyy sandwich, oh man i am gettin all exercited!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]No turkey at my mums, mainly cause everyone hates the sodding thing.

Nice Organic beef for me, and even lusher sarnies the next day

Same here. We ordered a lovely piece of Organic Sirloin at the Farmers Market in Blackheath. Had the same last year and is much nicer than Turkey
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]BTW, who has chips with their cold meat? I have been bought up on cold meat and mash on boxing day, was/is my fave meal of ther year, with some pickled onions, gerkins, piccaliillttyy (or however the foooook you spell it) branston sweet chilli sauce on ya mash!

just always have. with mayo and cold turkey, fresh gammon, cold sausage meat and sausage wrapped in bacon and gerkins. i never used to like mash, so thats probably why we had chips. much easier to cook and easy to do for tons of people and my mum doesn't want to spend the whole of boxing day in the kitchen as well as christmas day.

thats for late lunch, then about 9pm when peckish, because at xmas, when are you never hungry....we eat turkey sandwiches! yum.

i'm soooooooooo hungry now.
  • i perfer the 'evening buffet' to the actual afternoon meal.

fresh prawns, crabsticks, cold meats, crusty rolls, pork pies, oriental spring rolls, pickled onions, salad that never gets touched.

i love christmas.

come on !!!
  • Oh man, this thread is killin me! Nice sentiments suz, xmas is looming and the turkey is comin, i too love turkey sangers, the bit about the fresh gammon with ya cold meat, nice work, my old girl does all that gammon, i love it!!

In the morning my Ma does scrambled egg and smerked salmon with brown bread toast! Blimey its so exiting
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i perfer the 'evening buffet' to the actual afternoon meal.

fresh prawns, crabsticks, cold meats, crusty rolls, pork pies, oriental spring rolls, pickled onions, salad that never gets touched.

i love christmas.

come on !!!

oh stop it baart, i cant take it anymore
  • Boro game is a killer too, why can't the prem sort themselves out and have local derbies in and around the bank holidays of xmas and easter, also live games around that time should be the ones that aren't local derbies.

The large number of televised home games must mean Sky like our place, it must be easier for them I think?
  • there's always brentford v millwall on boxing day.....anyone?

thought not
  • relegation six pointer ?

christ, you think we're in it at the mo, but have a look at Millwall.....
  • Am gutted about the lack of boxing day footie. I cleverly agreed to the outlaws coming over on that day - on the basis that I would be out for half of it.

Charlton have got a lot to answer for.
  • [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]BTW, who has chips with their cold meat? I have been bought up on cold meat and mash on boxing day, was/is my fave meal of ther year, with some pickled onions, gerkins, piccaliillttyy (or however the foooook you spell it) branston sweet chilli sauce on ya mash!

you've got it ollie! cold meat, mash and pickled onions all the way... the size of the turkey we get i'm still getting that in february!