Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Calzaghe vs Jones jr

Who will be watching?

Whats your prediction? I fancy jones for this one. going to be one hell of a fight.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Heart says Calzaghe, but I reckon Jones will win as well. My favourite two boxers of the last ten years - whoever wins, it should be utterly awesome.
  • Options
    Calzaghe to win.
  • Options
    on fitness calzaghe has probably got more in the tank but technically jones has the edge.
  • Options
    Calzaghe on points as long as he does not eat any volume of big shots from Jones.

Jones has slowed down too much and although I think Calzaghe has more chance of treading in dragon shit than knocking him out he should win most of the rounds.
  • Options
    Would have thought Calzaghe on points but Jones is always dangerous

Been really impressed with the respect Jones has shown , makes you realise how much of a bigger man he is than that racist scum Hopkins
  • Options
    Sadly Calzag will win, but only because RJJ is two years past retirement. I would love to see him get pasted, never has such a talented boxer run and hid with such commitment. Anybody who pays for it, is getting mugged off.
  • Options
    If you already have Setanta , have you got to pay extra for this as well ?
  • Options
    does anyone know the approximate start time in UK terms... trying to work out if i can watch it over here
  • Options
    About half four or five in the morning
  • Options
    Joey gonna smash him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]About half four or five in the morning

hmm so that's going to be half five or six then for me... wonder how much of Sunday after about 9am i'll see or if i can find a place to see it! Cheers pal.
  • Options
    jones is well passed his best. Joe Cal should win this one easy. he wont fight anyone in their prime...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Anglia Addick[/cite]jones is well passed his best. Joe Cal should win this one easy. he wont fight anyone in their prime...

Kessler? Lacy? Did you see Hopkins give Pavlik a lesson the other week?
  • Options
    fight will be about 2am as it is in new york rather than vegas

bit of fireworks in blackheath followed by fireworks at the garden
  • Options
    calzaghe by points.would of liked 2 watch this fight a few years ago.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Anglia Addick[/cite]jones is well passed his best. Joe Cal should win this one easy. he wont fight anyone in their prime...
    Do me a lemon! Calzaghe fought - and utterly destroyed - a fighter who many pundits picked as one of the top three pound-for-pound fighters in the world (Jeff Lacy) when he was undefeated and on a seemingly inexorable rise to the top. Calzaghe has never ducked anyone - ever. He has fought anyone worthy of the challenge and, if he wins on Saturday, will without doubt be the best British boxer of all time - if he isn't already.
  • Options
    He wanted the jones jr fight years ago and rjj turned him down twice but my opinion is joe calzaghe is a all time great but jones would of destroyed him a few years ago.Hope it will be a good fight thou
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: charltonsteve21[/cite]He wanted the jones jr fight years ago and rjj turned him down twice but my opinion is joe calzaghe is a all time great but jones would of destroyed him a few years ago.Hope it will be a good fight thou
    Not calling you out here or anything - everyone's got an opinion otherwise life would be boring - but what do you base that on exactly? When Jones was in his prime he was a light heavy - Calzaghe was a middleweight (super middle at best). Fighting then would have been a nonsense - neither of them would have been at their best as they would both have been struggling to put on or make the weight. Calzaghe would still have fought him at the time, but it would have been a stupid decision for both fighters - and the fight wouldn't have been as good.

I'm hoping that this will be as good, if not better than the Lacy demolition (if not as one-sided). The only problem I see for Calzaghe is that Jones is a much heavier puncher than he is. If he can get past the eighth intact, without ****ing his hand, I fancy Calzaghe on points. If Jones catches him early, there could be a problem.
  • Options
    Thats the thing there

I'm not sure how much of it I believe, but Calzaghe has been talking all week about how he is not fussed about his hands in this one as he don't plan on getting in the ring again, but..... I just don't think Joe will take a chance like that unless it gets to the 10th and he has completely boxed RJJ's ears off and wants to throw pain to the wind and go for a big put down, I can't see past a Calzaghe points (possibly for the yank crowd) split decision
  • Options
    I'll be watching. Looking forward to it. Calzaghe on points though I loved Roy Jones when he was younger. He was amazing 5-10 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the only way jones will win is if joe gets stitched up,which is more than likely,joe will steal rounds.
  • Options
    Desperate to watch this.Two fighting greats,but don't want to stump up for sultana.Trying to get the landlord in my local to have a lock in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Desperate to watch this.Two fighting greats,but don't want to stump up for sultana.Trying to get the landlord in my local to have a lock in.

Where you'll no doubt spend twice as much :-)
  • Options
    lol. do what i do and intrude round a mates house.
  • Options
    I think Setanta are showing a re-run of the fight on free view channel 38 at 5am for those that are interested. I think this was like when they showed lengthy highlights of the Croatia v England match a month or so ago. However, can someone correct me if I'm wrong?!
  • Options
    According to TV schedule Setanta are showing it again at 10pm tonight. It also says boxing on at Noon and 5pm but doesn't say what it is.
  • Options
    Saw it on Setanta at noon, so presume it will be showed again at 5pm and 10pm. Well worth watchimg.