Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Steve Gerrard

What a cheat, another blatant dive tonight against Athletico Madrid.

Comments

• Never a penalty
  • joke decision, 50/50 ball if anyone at fault it was clearly gerrard, not a cheat though the lino gave it.
  • Good player, shame he 's got that cheating side to him.
  • He cheated but the comentators discribed as soft.
    No he cheated.
  • If it had been for England..........
  • Talking about cheats this was a good article from yesterday:

Never would have thought Martin Peters would cheat

Cheat article
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]If it had been for England..........
    I would of been happy to have rescued a point, but that doesn't make it right.
  • joke decision.
    with their luck this year, (bar saturday), benitez could enter the US presidential race now and probably win it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]If it had been for England..........
    I would of been happy to have rescued a point, but that doesn't make it right.

Agree
  • Truly an appalling decision - sickening for the Athletic team & supporters
  • Sponsored links:

• Handball & a dive by Gerrard?!
  • [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Truly an appalling decision - sickening for the Athletic team & supporters
    Atletico. Athletic are from Bilbao
  • Bad decision, indeed Atletico should probably have had a penalty for Carragher's handball.
  • Same old story really, referees give way to liverpol and united over penalty decisions
  • Gerrard is a cheat, I have never forgotten his attempt to win a penalty against us the year we won up there, when he went past Kish and did the full swan not realising the great Bulgarian was trying to get out of his cheating path. Funnily enough the ref failed to book the scouse twat simply deeming it his job to wave away his protests and get on with the game
  • Never a penalty, but we would all take the same decision at Plymouth on Saturday.
  • I'm the first to scosue hate but I dunno with this one. Not sure he dived he got touched maybe went down easy if it was outside the box would the ref have given a foul - yeah I think he would. . . . .
  • He practically threw himself into the defender, blatant dive.
  • i've watched it a few times this morning I can't make my mind up.

Sod it it's Liverpool he dived lol
  • He was diving before contact was made... cheating scouse b****ard
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah so what he dived, are you saying no one from the continent has ever dived in Europe, what's good for the goose & all that. European players have been doing it for years as long as it does not become a domestic problem in this country I do not see the problem.
  • Very soft for me but two things to consider...

We've not seen how it looked from the assistant's POV, the referee did award it on his say so after all and on first look I felt the defender was watching the incoming player rather than the ball. This is often a key indicator of what's in the defender's mind.

I'm, not defending poor decisions, I felt the decisions in that area of the pitch were pretty poor all night, too much so for so-called top officials but lest we forget the officials get one look, TV get loads.
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Very soft for me but two things to consider...

We've not seen how it looked from the assistant's POV, the referee did award it on his say so after all and on first look I felt the defender was watching the incoming player rather than the ball. This is often a key indicator of what's in the defender's mind.

I'm, not defending poor decisions, I felt the decisions in that area of the pitch were pretty poor all night, too much so for so-called top officials but lest we forget the officials get one look, TV get loads.
    I'm not blaming the ref, people make mistakes and players like Gerrard who cheat on purpose don't make their job any easier.

I think it was against Sheff United where he did the most blatant dive I have ever seen (excluding Rivaldo in the world cup) he ran in to a player straight after a free kick, feel over on purpose and protested to the ref. He then slotted home the penalty to win the game, disgusting behaviour and the game would be a lot better off with out it. People want to see men play, not pansies and I don't care if it's done on the continent.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Never a penalty, but we would all take the same decision at Plymouth on Saturday.
    I I certainly would but I suspect that some of us want us to lose and keep losing until the manager is replaced.
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite] I suspect that some of us want us to lose and keep losing until the manager is replaced.
    There's a word for people like that, idiots.
  • He's always done it - Villa a few years ago where he slammed in the resulting freekick and had the audacity to complain about 'cheats' a few weeks later, he dived against the mighty Andora playing for England a couple of years ago, Everton last season, Sheff United... i'm sure there are many many more.

I think he's a brilliant player (for Liverpool), but hate that he is held up like some demi god by the media and that he can do no wrong, yet Drogba, Ronaldo are cheats when they dive.
  • get real all players do it accept ours cos they dont get into the box,its just part and parcel now days.
  • As an Englishman it is beyond him to cheat dont ya know. History tells us that we English dont cheat ever at anything----never --ever--well once--- ok afew times -----well maybe more than a few ------------------------o f**k it he is a scourse cheating f**ker !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mid_life_crisis[/cite]Truly an appalling decision - sickening for the Athletic team & supporters
    Atletico. Athletic are from South East London
  • If he hadn't made that big song and dance about how if he had a dirty foreigner in his team that dived he go and "ave a weeerd", I'd say: they're all pros, if they can con a ref, they will. But Gerrard is filth. He flies this big flag of honesty and integrity and then dives more than anyone else in the British game. A disgrace even for a scouser. I hope they burgled his house while he was out diving.