Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Crichton RIP

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
Died from cancer at 66

Michael Crichton: Author and ER Creator

Although I wasn't an avid fan of ER, I remember thinking at the time how brilliant it was and how it elevated the medical drama to a whole new level.

Comments

• Options
    RIP

Henry will not be happy that you beat him to it!
  • Options
    lol...I couldn't belive it hadn't already been posted!
  • Options
    He is one of those people who everyone in the western world will have read one of his books, seen one their adaptations or watched ER
  • Options
    presumably then the reason Henry hasn't already posted is that he's gone into mourning!
  • Options
    He must be sulking because he has yet to post on this topic
  • Options
    Sad day.......

bloke was a brilliant author. One of my favourite films is The Adromeda Strain and only last night I was watching Disclosure on Sky for about the 30th time - another cracking fim and the book is miles better. Same with Sphere.

RIP.
  • Options
    Didn't he write Jurassic Park and Congo?

Rest in peace
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]RIP

Henry will not be happy that you beat him to it!

LOL - Not someone I've read but RIP.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Died from cancer at 66

[url=[url]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/obituaries/article5092665.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=1972202[/url]]Michael Crichton: Author and ER Creator[/url]

Although I wasn't an avid fan of ER, I remember thinking at the time how brilliant it was and how it elevated the medical drama to a whole new level.[/quote]

I loved ER from the start and am not looking forward to the final episode next year - truly groundbreaking TV
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Died from cancer at 66

[url=[url][/url]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/obituaries/article5092665.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=1972202]Michael Crichton: Author and ER Creator[/url]

Although I wasn't an avid fan of ER, I remember thinking at the time how brilliant it was and how it elevated the medical drama to a whole new level.

I loved ER from the start and am not looking forward to the final episode next year - truly groundbreaking TV

Blimey, you make it sound good - what have I been missing? I find it hard to believe that there's anything that could be groundbreaking about a hospital drama.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]He is one of those people who everyone in the western world will have read one of his books, seen one their adaptations or watched ER[/quote]

I've never watched ER...

I did see Jurassic Park but got bored long before the end and I've never read any of his books.
  • Options
    ..but RIP.