Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Rednapp on Luther Blissett

Not like that...you mucky lot!

On R5L last night, Harry was talking about the merits of having recently retired players in the coaching setup, having just added Les Ferdinand to the list of fomer players coaching with him. He highlighted the time when Yakubu was going through a lean spell and he brought in Luther Blissett to help out, which resulted in him scoring 40 goals (?) that season.

He throughly believes in harnessing the experience of the senior pro and believes there is some really good talent going begging in this country.

I've heard this suggested on here loads of times, mostly when proven strikers are on the verge of retirement and we've talked about bringing them in to help our strikers, but for some reason it's always seemed a bit of a non-starter, maybe cos you think those who are qualified coaches can do the job better.

Shows we're not too daft after all!

So who do we bring in?

Comments

• Options
    Les Berry.
  • Options
    Steve Brown/ Rufus for the defence

Rob Lee for midfield coaching

Gary Nelson/ Super Clive for the strikers
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Mendonca - no one can rival him for finishing, in a charlton shirt, over the last 15/20 years that is retired.

Or Andy Hunt to show how a striker should lead the line.

Peter Shirtliff on how to be a nasty bastard and still play a bit. or the Roof.

Claus Jensen on the artistry of midfield play - a oy to watch
  • Options
    definately rufus
    and paulo ... imagine the enthusiasm / passion ... but then we wouldn't need parde at all then :-)
    TAXI!!!
  • Options
    Linvoy Primus ..... oh, we've already got him, lol
  • Options
    Rufus And Brown

Kinsella and Class

Mendonca and Dicanio upfront

Me as MGR with that support group i couldnt fail
  • Options
    class?
  • Options
    Peter Shaw. I walked passed him outside the Covered End on Saturday on his way in. Maybe he's already being employed behind the scenes? Might explain the cracking start we got.