Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Running

I've just signed up for the Reading Half Marathon. I've ran a few long distance races including the London Marathon, Cologne Marathon, Hastings and the Leverkusen Half marathon. I'm hoping to get a Golden Bond charity place for the 2009 London Marathon, should find out this week.

Does anyone else do this kind of thing or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure you'll put in a Workman-like performance.

I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    Strange.. I've never heard that one before.
  • Options
    I've done London 4 times and the Chicago and Washington marathons, plus too many halfs and 10K's over the years to mention. So no is the answer to your question VFR. Oddly enough since moving out here in the middle of the countryside, my running has all but stopped - guess I'm only interested in pounding pavements not cow pats these days.

Have you tried the 'Tough Guy' yet?
  • Options
    I'd like to get onto Boston, but you need to be good to do that one.

Tough guy? Is that the one where you run through all sorts of countryside? Extreme Crosscountry?
  • Options
    was looking at that reading half marathon and have to say I'm tempted , would mean getting back into proper training though.

Really want to do a full marathon and I guess after doing the london 10k this summer the next logical step would be a half marathon.
  • Options
    I did it in that order, 10k, Half marathon then Marathon.

The half Marathon is actually my favourite distance and I've heard that Reading is a good one, 16000 runners would give you a pretty decent idea of what it's like to run a city Marathon like London.

Also Reading finishes in the Madjeski Stadium, I'm tempted to wear my Charlton shirt for that one.
  • Options
    rowing is better for you
  • Options
    Plenty of rows on here...
  • Options

rowing is better for you
    I've always fancied having a go at rowing, I like the rowing machines in the Gym, I like sailing and being n the water, how would you get into that?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite][quote]
    rowing is better for you[/quote]

I've always fancied having a go at rowing, I like the rowing machines in the Gym, I like sailing and being n the water, how would you get into that?[/quote]

Join a rowing club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]rowing is better for you

When i feel like a decent row, i just tell my bird that she stinks of piss (she is ginger you know) and that starts off the row of all centuries!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I've always fancied having a go at rowing, I like the rowing machines in the Gym, I like sailing and being n the water, how would you get into that?

Try this

http://www.curlewrowingclub.co.uk/greenwich.htm

I've done marathons (3 hours 20 for London) and rowing and enjoyed both, especially the endorphine buzz. The tidal Thames however is not the most inviting place to paddle but when the wind dies a winter early morning in a boat is hard to beat. The downside is that rowing has a long learning process to get good. However you can compete at an early stage and race against crews of similar ability.
  • Options
    Fair play to you lot.

Running 26 odd miles, sod that for a game of soldiers!!
  • Options
    tavern meant rowing in the gym.

he once did a gym row for charity... 4 hours on the rowing machine and one hour on the step machine. 5 hours of that - and i had to sit through and watch it... so feel pity for me.

odd.