Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barca. How awesome where they on Saturday.

Anyone else see it a pure joy to watch. Pass and move. Made Arsenal look like a long ball team.

Messi is a god !!!

Comments

• Options
    I was concentrating on The Addicks mate!
  • Options
    Going over for two weeks in March - making sure I coincide it with three home games :)

Spoke to my cousin on Sunday - said that the highest compliment he could pay was that they didn't miss Iniesta in the slightest - and he's been their best player this season. The biggest difference this year is that now Goofy Ron has gone, opposition teams have no clue who to mark. Kepp Messi quiet - BAM - Eto'o scores. Mark Eto'o out the game - BAM - Henry scores. Stifle the front three - give up as Xavi & Iniesta pass the life out of your midfield. It is, quite simply, beautiful to watch - football exactly how it should be played. Add to that a defence that actually looks like it might be able to stand up to a decent attacking side and you have what amounts to pretty much the perfect team.

Guardiola has even managed to play some of the youngsters and promising reserve team players that never got a look in under Rijkaard - players like Busquets and Sanchez (who would be starting week in, week out at almost every other team in La Liga).

For me, what sets them apart is the fact that no matter how the opposition set out, they seem able to score pretty much at will. How many times have you seen a dominant team fail to break a well-organised side down? it seems that if a team goes to the Camp Nou with the intent of sitting back and defending all game Barca still manage to cut them to bits - and if they come to attack, they get caned even worse.

Simply a joy to watch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Going over for two weeks in March - making sure I coincide it with three home games :)

Spoke to my cousin on Sunday - said that the highest compliment he could pay was that they didn't miss Iniesta in the slightest - and he's been their best player this season. The biggest difference this year is that now Goofy Ron has gone, opposition teams have no clue who to mark. Kepp Messi quiet - BAM - Eto'o scores. Mark Eto'o out the game - BAM - Henry scores. Stifle the front three - give up as Xavi & Iniesta pass the life out of your midfield. It is, quite simply, beautiful to watch - football exactly how it should be played. Add to that a defence that actually looks like it might be able to stand up to a decent attacking side and you have what amounts to pretty much the perfect team.

Guardiola has even managed to play some of the youngsters and promising reserve team players that never got a look in under Rijkaard - players like Busquets and Sanchez (who would be starting week in, week out at almost every other team in La Liga).

For me, what sets them apart is the fact that no matter how the opposition set out, they seem able to score pretty much at will. How many times have you seen a dominant team fail to break a well-organised side down? it seems that if a team goes to the Camp Nou with the intent of sitting back and defending all game Barca still manage to cut them to bits - and if they come to attack, they get caned even worse.

Simply a joy to watch.

nah barca are a pub side at best :-)

joking obviously, that messi is a fine player, have enjoyed what i have seen of the palace lookalikes!! (hate that horrible kit!!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]nah barca are a pub side at best :-)
    I do love your in-depth analysis!!