Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Norris - dear oh dear...

"A footballer has been criticised for a "handcuffs" goal celebration apparently in support of a jailed drink-driver.

Ipswich midfielder David Norris crossed his wrists after scoring - an apparent message for former Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper Luke McCormick."

The player/club have yet to make any comment so there may be another explanation. I doubt it though, this guy is known to be a good friend of McCormick and it leaves little to the imagination.

The mother of the two dead boys said ""We're trying hard not to hate Luke McCormick at the moment, but people like David Norris are making it very difficult to do that."

If it was a message to McCormick then what an absolute stupid, insensitive, disgraceful thing to do. The guy should be completely ashamed, severly reprimanded and made to offer a face-to-face, personal apology to the parents of those poor kids.

Comments

• Options
    He already said it wasnt related to Mccormick. Plus apologised although he did nothing wrong! Just papers like the sun jumping on someone because its a slow news day.
  • Options
    bandwagon.jpg
  • Options
    McCormack is his close friend, and it was Norris' wedding that McCormack was driving back from when the accident happened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]McCormack is his close friend, and it was Norris' wedding that McCormack was driving back from when the accident happened.

You know what... Seeing that I can almost understand it - He probably feels a bit of guilt and that's what it is!
  • Options
    norris is never going to admit to it now is he.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    “It wasn’t a handcuff sign, it was a private message.

“But I can see how people might have seen it like that and I apologise wholeheartedly if it has caused any offence. Luke’s a good friend of mine. But he made a massive mistake and he is rightly paying the price for it.”

How did the parents even find out? The Sun sees this, decides that they'll tell the parents which causes them further upset all for something which apparently was nothing to do with Mccormick! Like I said. Slow news day!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Just papers like the sun jumping on someone because its a slow news day.
    Heard about it on the Beeb actually but they're not beyond the odd bit of mischief-making themselves.
  • Options
    See Da9s message above and then defend the player ? if he hadnt done the sign there is nothing to write about . Of course it wasnt meant --noooooooo just a f**kin coincedance (sic) that it was at HIS wedding that the scum bag got drunk at and he just happens to be his best mate !!
  • Options
    if it was aimed at McCormick then it was damned stupid. An absolutely pointless gesture
    that helps no-one. The relatives of the two boys who were killed don't need it, and to be honest if you want to show support for the guy in jail because you are a good friend then this is about as far from the way to do it as you are going to get.

I think the Mirror were the first to pick up on it, who perhaps should have thought twice about even mentioning it. That said the media will always err on the side of sales when having to choose between protecting the innocent and punishing the guilty sadly.
  • Options
    Tactless at best!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was it Tim Cahill who done it not so long ago after his brother was jailed for beating someone up in Bromley?
  • Options
    sure was WSS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Was it Tim Cahill who done it not so long ago after his brother was jailed for beating someone up in Bromley?
    yep, him too...another thick spineless twat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Was it Tim Cahill who done it not so long ago after his brother was jailed for beating someone up in Bromley?
    It was outside O'Neils, the pub that you go to if you don't want any attitude!

Very low of the mirror to inform the mother.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Was it Tim Cahill who done it not so long ago after his brother was jailed for beating someone up in Bromley?[/quote]yep, him too...another thick spineless twat.[/quote]

And I take it you've met him and know him to have this opinion?
  • Options
    Ipswich have fined Norris.
  • Options
    It's the scumbag gutter rags like the Sun and Mirror that publicise this kind of behaviour in order to increase their own profits.

And the parents of the kids would have known nothing about it until the newspaper reporter rings them up out of the blue and goes shit stirring.
  • Options
    TalkSport are saying that apparently Charlie McDonald did the same gesture when he scored for Brentford at the weekend?
  • Options
    If the guy had not made the sign NO STORY. twat of the first order.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]TalkSport are saying that apparently Charlie McDonald did the same gesture when he scored for Brentford at the weekend?

he's given an interview to them saying it was a joke about the X-Factor...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly, footballers are not generally renowned for (or paid for) their intellectual abillty......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It's the scumbag gutter rags like the Sun and Mirror that publicise this kind of behaviour in order to increase their own profits.

And the parents of the kids would have known nothing about it until the newspaper reporter rings them up out of the blue and goes shit stirring.[/quote]

Ofcourse to a certain extent, but how do you know the parents, family or friends weren't gonna see it on telly?..........Either way doesn't make the actions any less wrong and mean nothing should happen to him. Unless we're saying it's ok to do what ever you want as long as it isn't made public?
    And the fact he's come out with a pathetic excuse that it was a "private" message makes it even more disrespectful as he's now treating everyone like idiots. If it's private don't do it infront of thousands of people and several TV cameras and photographers.

Twat who deserves everything he's getting.
  • Options
    Total t*sser. Fooballers giving football a bad name - again.
  • Options
    Just when you thought footballers couldn't get any thicker...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Afternoon Delight[/cite]TalkSport are saying that apparently Charlie McDonald did the same gesture when he scored for Brentford at the weekend?

He rang them to say it was for his son who asked him to do the XFACTOR sign if he scores.

Norris denying it is just making it worse if he insists he wasn't making a gesture to his best mate why on earth did he accept the fine dished out to him by Ipwich.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    yep, him too...another thick spineless twat.

And I take it you've met him and know him to have this opinion?
    No, I've not and I'm sure he's not as bad his actions made him look. Which is probably the saddest part - he gets known and marked out for something like that.

Surely one of the biggest problems is the way all footballers have been elevated to the status of role model. Once upon a time they were judged on what they did for 90 mins on a Saturday afternoon and anything else was a personal decision. Now footballers are required to be all things to all people at all times - a completely unrealistic expectation.