Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any lifers been to Wroclaw in Poland ?

I am off to Wroclaw with a few mates in a couple of weeks and wondered if any lifers had visited and had any tips or advice about bars and restaurants. Cheers !

Comments

• Options
    I was there but many years ago...if I remember rightly it's actually pronounced something like Rotswav!
  • Options
    that wasnt one of the towns in ross kemps football gangs programme the other night was it? good luck if so!
  • Options
    Went there last year on a work trip so only there for one night, but seemed a nice enough place. The main action is around the main square with lots of bars and restaurants. Have a look up the side streets off the square as there are some decent pubs in those, that are very welcoming to Brits. The beer is fantastic too. Watch out for the underpass though - a fair few unsavoury characters hanging about in there!

The airport is about a twenty minute taxi ride from the centre, is very small and gets a bit cosy around the carousel picking up your bags, but it is all pretty new as they only built the terminal a few years ago.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, which was pretty close to the main square. Looking at that state and crowds on the trams, I would give them a wide berth. If there are any meetings on, watching Speedway in Poland is an experience, as the crowds are huge.