Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lately i've been mostly cooking........

Comments

• Options
    Paella out of Gordon Ramsays book Sunday Lunch, yum.

Although he can shove the peas up his arse. Devils food.
  • Options
    Love cooking, my speciallity is the roast, and most recently (last sat) i actually made my first ever lasagne, now, i love lasagne, but just never made one for reasons i just don't know!! Anyway it came out awesome!! yey me!

Also love cooking steak, as someone has already said, half hour to prepare, and 4 mins to cook, must be rare, love rare steak!! mmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Last night.Beef stir fry with broccolli and coriander.Yum
  • Options
    Paella or any type of risotto is blinding and very easy to make. Carnaroli rice is the best rice and adding a drop of white wine - better still, champagne - to the rice after you've fried it before you add the stock is a must.

Mushroom with grated parmesan, and scallop & champage are two of my fave risottos but anything is good.
  • Options
    Pasta is my thing

Do all the sauces from scratch trust me though Turkey mince should never be used. It is rank!

Steak - easy!
  • Options
    Don't really cook many "dinners" as such - not that I'd be short of a recipe as I have loads of cook books! Mostly bake biscuits, cakes etc. Currently testing out some different recipes to make as Christmas gifts. I made spiced biscuits last year and they were yummy. Going to be testing out pecan puff biscuits this weekend. The bonus is, I get to eat loads of them in the run up to Christmas just to get them perfect!!!!
  • Options
    Jealous of all you decent cooks. Currently have a southern friend chicken breast cooking in the oven, and a roll defrosting, because i had 5 pints instead of 1 and can't now afford a takeaway :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Jealous of all you decent cooks. Currently have a southern friend chicken breast cooking in the oven, and a roll defrosting, because i had 5 pints instead of 1 and can't now afford a takeaway :-(

That sounds like my usual get in from work starving dinner!

Cooking is easy if you have the time to do it. It's not good trying when you're hungry and have drunk five pints! If you can read a recipe, you can cook. And like most things in life, it gets better the more you practice ;-)
  • Options
    Sounds easy in theory practice Wilma, but unfortunately i'm a bloke.

I'm very good at offering encouragement though :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most of the top chefs are blokes so that's not an excuse. You'll have to do the washing up instead.
  • Options
    I don't swear though, standard requirement these days.......
  • Options
    I was like you AFKA.Scared to go in to the ' ladies den'. But believe me it really is easy and tastes even better when you've cooked it yourself.

Get cookin
  • Options
    Tonight, seared tuna steaks & taboule & a tomato salad. Now there's posh?! It's a piece of pish to make though.
    I'd like to know more about those 30 minute steak preparations?
  • Options
    Living on my own means teaching myself how to cook is a bit of a must! Can't say I have the time but it's either cook for myself or go hungry!!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ramseys fast Food - Linguine, anchovie, tomato and Olives. It's become a weekly favourite. Tasty and healthy, can't go wrong.
  • Options
    **Get some frying steak and slice up really fine. Then add to spag bol, shepards pie, chilli etc. Much nicer!!

sounds pretty damn good!

I think Afka needs to just look at a cookbook then try and try again.
  • Options
    I make what sure has to be one of the best Thai green curries in the World. I got the recipe from this woman on an Island called Koh Maak in Eastern Thailand near the Cambodian border. She opened her house in the evening as a restaurant, we called it food heaven. One day I asked her to show me how to make green curry.. she made her own green curry paste from scratch.

I have to search around to find the ingredients (See Woo in Charlton is one of the best places for Asian ingredients) but when I get it together.. it's gooooood!
  • Options
    today i am doing a sainsbury taste the difference pork roast with loads of crackling, normally use goose fat but today i have plumped for duck fat for me taters. Smells delish
  • Options
    Chicken Fajita's tonight with the chillies i grew with my own fair hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2010
    If you're looking for inspiration the BBC 'good food' website is brilliant. I cook at least 1 new recipe off it each week. Just don't get it confused with the main BBC recipes site which is full of ready steady cook rubbish.

Favourite Recipe
  • Options
    Moules Mariniere. BANG!

Fresh mussels are so cheap, can't believe I only just realised this. £3.50 for a big net of them. I feel like I've missed out on half a lifetimes worth of deliciousness.
  • Options
    I cooked 600 Sausages Saturday evening..... no plans to cook anymore of the wee beasties for a while.....
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Keep the cooking threads flowing this ones wicked. I was a chef part time when in college so to be honest that has put me off cooking allot but i am very good at it and can make some wicked stuff when i can be bothered but as i did it to earn a living it has taken some of nthe magic away for me now. However maybe its time i cooked more often for my missis as im 23 now :-)
  • Options
    Spaghetti on toast with worcester sauce last night.....my speciality !
  • Options
    I've got this dish I like to knock together occasionally, actually based on a Delia Smith recipe but gradually adapted as I've lost the book (Delia's winter collection) and not got round to replacing it for a few years. It's a Moroccan style chicken casserole, very straight forward and very easy to cook. I cooked it the other night having completely forgot how good it is.

Tonight, however, I'm doing a Thai Muslim beef curry, a massaman. There's a decent Asian food store in Deptford market down near Mainzies that sells the genuine Massaman paste. Well worth the £2 it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Chunes I tried to whisper back but it all went wrong. So here's what I do.

To serve two hungry people and have a bit left over for lunch the day after:

2 or three decent sized chicken breast or 5 or 6 skinned chicken thighs.
    1 tin of chickpeas. Drained and rinsed.
    1 tin of chopped tomatoes
    1 small chopped onion.
    1 red pepper sliced into squares.
    A few roughly chopped mushrooms.
    3 cloves of garlic
    Pitted black olives
    A cup of Paella rice
    Chicken stock.
    1 tsp cumin seed
    1tsp tumeric
    1/2 tsp corrinader powder
    1/2 tsp of cumin powder
    A substantial amount of chilli seeds or three freshly chopped birds eye chillies.
    Freshly ground pepper
    Fresh corriander

1. Pre heat the oven, gas mark 6.
    2. Pour a couple of table spoons of standard olive oil into a wok or Sauté pan. A deep frying pan will also do.
    3. As the oil heats add the onion and pepper. Don't let the oil get too hot. As the onions and pepper soften, add turmeric, Chilli, coriander powder, cumin seeds and the chopped garlic.
    4. As the onions soften, add the chicken, turn up the heat and seal the meat.
    5. Once the meat is sealed, place the mixture in a casserole, add the other ingredients with the chicken stock and chopped tomatoes. Apart from the fresh coriander, leave that until last. Place in the oven and reduce the heat to gas mark 4.
    6. If you use chicken on the bone it will take longer. Chicken breast should only take about 20 mins. Make sure the rice and the chicken is cooked though.
    7. Remove from the oven and add the freshly chopped coriander.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Tonight, however, I'm doing a Thai Muslim beef curry, a massaman. There's a decent Asian food store in Deptford market down near Mainzies that sells the genuine Massaman paste. Well worth the £2 it is.

I've never found a decent massaman paste in this country. Thanks for the tip VFR.
  • Options
    Mrs. BDL has promised me that she will be cooking Jamie Oliver's Steak and Guinness Pie - Awesome!!

My kids love spicy food, all our friends wonder how we get them to eat anything other than burgers or pizza. They love Curry, Chilli, Fajita's etc..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Mrs. BDL has promised me that she will be cooking Jamie Oliver's Steak and Guinness Pie - Awesome!!

My kids love spicy food, all our friends wonder how we get them to eat anything other than burgers or pizza. They love Curry, Chilli, Fajita's etc..

My mate's 18 month old is the same.Went out for pub lunch over the bank holiday and she tucked into a chicken curry.