Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Everything is borrowed

well at first i wasnt sure but this album is quality

i liked the streets first album and i thought the 2nd was extreemly clever

at first i thought where is this album going, do i like it ? where is the garage beats that i wanted,

then whilst chilling back and reading on here with it playing in the background the boys have pulled it off again IMO as a group they have let you in, in every album very brave choice by Mick Skinner but i like it alot

any one else listened to it

could be named after our own team though really everything borrowed well most of them anyhow

Comments

• Options
    Ha, when I read the title I thought you were talking about our first team !
  • Options
    Could be el Ketmando, how many borrowed players now?

The Streets are quality, his second album by far the best but the latest one is another one that gets better with a few listens. The man tells it like it is eh
  • Options
    he is a lyrical genius imo carter

i cant believe how good this album is

for me the 1st was the best

but that grand dont come for free album was the cleverist (sorry if not a word) i have ever listened to

i fecking think this lot are the dog ballcocks
  • Options
    My favourite is Blinded by the lights, masterpiece.
  • Options
    like "Grand" but couldn't get into the first album. Very Clever lyrics and love dry your eyes and Fit but don't you know it
  • Options
    original pirate material is one of the best albums of the decade to date. went to see them a few times on their first tour, their first gig at the astoria is up there with the best i've seen. but i think he lost the plot a bit when they got big and i quickly lost interest, second album was ok and i didn't bother with the last one.

but i'm with you on the new album. thought they were great on jools holland so gave it a go and i absolutely love it, best album of the year so far. more song based, and brave as you say (second song esepcially), but i can't stop playing it. brilliant tunes and a lot of humour in the lyrics.

none of my mates seem to agree with me though, glad to hear someone else bigging it up.
  • Options
    If you listen to it in the morning I challenge you not to be singing 'wanna go to heaven for the weather.....' for the rest of the day

Driving everyone at work up the wall
  • Options
    Blinded by the lights - Always reminds me of a time when i was a regular at strawberry sundays. Great tune.
  • Options
    do you know what when that 2nd song came on i thought what the f**K but by the 2nd playing of the album there are 2 great lines from the album

" i came to this world with nothing and i leave with nothing but love, everything else is just borrowed"

" wanna go to heaven for the weather and hell for the company"

that orginal pirate material album summed up my road into adulthood perfectly

The Streets are aving it with this album big time song 2 is so out of their comfort zone but they have pulled it off proper

Mike Skinner = legend in our life time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]original pirate material is one of the best albums of the decade to date

Coudlnt agree more, every song on it is abosutely first class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooh shall have to check this out. Really liked Blinded by the lights and Dry your eyes. Blinded by the lights brings back too many memories though and much of em I'm trying to forget what a great time I'd had.
  • Options
    Red

it is totally different to anything else they have done but it is truely the bollox lyrically i doubt it will be beaten this year
  • Options
    Pay day pressie to me then. Thanks NLA
  • Options
    Just downloaded it. Shall have a listen over the weekend
  • Options
    do it henners i cant stop playing the fecking thing got it today and it has been on 4 times since this afternoon
  • Options
    have you listened henners

got it blaring here this morning whilst wifeee takes nljr to his communion class
  • Options
    love the streets, got the first two albumns, first one is a classic, almost whole albumn is mustard, second albumn is great but only four tracks on it that I listen to....

didnt worry about the third....

ill check the new one out....
  • Options
    get on it mate quality
  • Options
    Overated Dirge !
  • Options
    your right mate you are a

miserableold git
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You know it !

;-)
  • Options
    guys Im just downloading it off limewire... you dont know the actual track listings do you?

would be great help...
  • Options
    got it all..... love limewire...
  • Options
    really solid....

bit more mature....

really like it.... with the Aussi sun coming in from the back door and a havana club in my hand its perfect...