Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew used no fewer than 62 players

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
in his 23 month tenure(admittedly some of those were sold against his better judgement)...however, is that some kind of a record for ANY club in the modern era, let alone us.......it may well be?
For this piece of info I must thank Anorak Addick who had reported it in yesterdays mag...actually thinking about it, Ian (Rock_Spectacle), wrote 61.......but we now have to add Waghorn to that list.

Comments

• Options
    Too many players used was one of my main complaints about how he was managing our club.
  • Options
    So does he know his best 11 from that 62?
  • Options
    Is it a record? Well I'm trying to think of a precedent.

Barry Fry in his three years at Birmingham City, perhaps? Could be wrong but I have in the back of my addled mind a figure of 30-something as the number of players he bought, which added to the squad he inherited might put him somewhere up in Pardew territory.

But it's an astonishing stat, to be sure...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Is it a record? Well I'm trying to think of a precedent.

Barry Fry in his three years at Birmingham City, perhaps? Could be wrong but I have in the back of my addled mind a figure of 30-something as the number of players he bought, which added to the squad he inherited might put him somewhere up in Pardew territory.

But it's an astonishing stat, to be sure...

Bumped this........ as I think it's quite interesting!
  • Options
    pity is some some of his "best" 11 were sold or loanees imagine if we had this as a team we would be back in the prem in my opinion...

Carson
    Young
    Bougherra
    Hudson
    Youga (form just after scunny)
    Thomas
    Reid
    Racon
    Ambrose (premiership coaching)
    DBent
    Iwelumo (with reidy's service)