Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Survivors

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    If there are 6 million people left there would still be 10% of the police and armed forces to supress (?) them

If those 10% of army police could get organised and contact each other maybe.
    I'll stick to the 21st Century thanks

I think the armed forces communications would be resilient enought to cope.

21st Century? Me too, I like it here.
  • Options
    Heh heh

I like things like this though, dead set was a cracker that was on recently where they were sitting around being the vacous arsewipes that the guy who wrote it meant them to be. 'I'm gonna miss myspace...'

Vigilantism (is that a real word) would be king. And how were the lights in te warehouse being powered by that old sloshers bed?

28 days later was brilliant and leads the way with this sort of thing though. I took an ex girlfriend to see a preview of it. I almost shit my levis when the first infected bod jumped out and started chasing the main man.

One more thing about survivors. How fit is that doctor woman??? I would several times over inside out! Before fishnets asks!!
  • Options
    I haven't seen Survivors - I might check it out on the iPlayer if I get a spare hour or so. I've seen trailers for it though and its got one of my favourite milfs in it (Julie Graham - from 'At Home With The Braithwaites') so can't be that bad :)

As for I Am Legend, I thought it was, badly, badly let down by the gash ending - though the originally intended ending (on the DVD) is much, much better. TBH, they're ALL going to look shit in comparison with the first half of 28 Days Later - which remains the best hour of horror cinema I've ever seen
  • Options
    Just watched it - I thought it was actually pretty decent. Acting was crappy in places, the music was a direct rip-off of 28 Days Later (I half expected to see Godpseed! You Black Emperor and John Murphy come up in the credits) and the characterisation was ridiculously formulaic, but overall it was good - entertaining at least.

As for people moaning about the political correctness of it all, you would do well to remember that the original TV series that this was based on (from the mid seventies) had a cast that was reasonably representative of the ethnic demographic of the day (there were no black cast members but I certainly remember Indians, Jews and Italians). Since around 15% of the population is non-white (significantly higher in most of the large urban areas (London particularly) where many of these 'survivors' seem to have come from) it stands to reason that there would be survivors from non-white groups as well.

What you need to concentrate on is the fact that there aren't any orientals or south-east asians in the series. If I was from that background I'd have the arsehole :o)
  • Options
    I wasn't moaning, I was chuckling about how it seems someone has dipped a finger in every pot to get as broad a demograph as possible.

Don't honestly think it matters in all truthfullness and having just been diversity trained at work I was aware of the correctness of it that's all.
  • Options
    Not sure that gingers are represented though ?
  • Options
    No, they all died out
  • Options
    Do you think there is still a latent ginger gene though ?
  • Options
    By latent you mean what?
  • Options
    Hiding secretly in normal peoples gene pool only to re emerge a generation or two later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Hiding secretly in normal peoples gene pool only to re emerge a generation or two later.

Errrr don't know, like it can lay dormant?
  • Options
    I am afraid so.
  • Options
    Recessive is the word I think you are searching for.

Obviously the next stage of human evolution is when the cro-magnum dark hair genes die out and make way for the (red haired)Homo Superior.

Bonus point for the song reference
  • Options
    Another thing.

Body hair, when you look back at old pictures/videos people seem to be hairier than nowadays man. I appreciate the 'metrosexual' is all over the place but what is wrong with a manly chest rug? Or a beast of a tash?

We should all make a stand for hairyness!! The retrosexual is here!!

Killer - man or mouse - MAN

Frank Lampard - man or mouse - eeek eeek
  • Options
    Good point Carter. I do have to draw the line at ginger pubes though ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Very pretty thing you've quoted Mr Irving :-)

I'm Spartacus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Very pretty thing you've quoted Mr Irving :-)

I'm Spartacus

Correct

I'm Spartacus
  • Options
    And so's my wife.

sorry !
  • Options
    Back to survivors, this is interesting:

Government 'flu pandemic response

What contingency plan does the UK have for pandemic flu?

Answer

The National Framework is one of the first pandemic flu frameworks for cross government joint planning published by any European country. It recognises that a pandemic would have significant social and economic impacts as well as its serious effect on the health of the population. Joint and integrated plans are therefore critical to mitigating its overall effect and this joint guidance is a further major step in developing, improving and maintaining UK preparedness.

Whilst much of the guidance material it contains was already available from various published sources, the Framework brings that together for the first time to provide a national blueprint for the UK’s response and to assist planners by providing standard assumptions and presumptions that can be used across all sectors.

What would we do if pandemic flu arrives?

Answer

If a pandemic started outside the UK, the Government would already have put its contingency plan into action and started preparing for the pandemic in the UK. A graduated series of public health measures would be implemented to reduce the impact, and help control the pandemic.

What preparations are being made in the UK?

Answer

We are taking the necessary steps to prepare for a future pandemic and are working to ensure our response is proportionate to the risk posed.

Publishing the National Framework was an important step. But improving our preparedness is ongoing work, putting into place the actions described in the framework.

We have provided guidance to the NHS and we have been commended by the World Health Organisation for being one of the best prepared countries in the world. The WHO report was also useful in highlighting areas in which we could improve.

We have made several direct interventions including the procurement of enough antivirals to treat twenty five percent of the population. We are planning to double this stock of antivirals, to cover at least half the population (the reasonable ‘worst case scenario’ of how many people could be expected to require treatment) and we will continue to keep the level of stock under review in light of the scientific evidence, as we develop our business case. We have also purchased 3.3 million doses of H5N1 vaccine for research and the possible vaccination of healthcare workers. We have an agreed advance supply contract for the supply of a pandemic specific vaccine in the event of a pandemic. Our countermeasures and vaccination strategy is under regular review.

I feel safe in the hands of our masters in Westminster :)

I'm Spartacus
  • Options
    So you're OK if you are a Health worker but the rest of us are left to die from European Flu. Typical!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see I'm not the only one who thought there is loads lifted from 28 Days Later.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Good to see I'm not the only one who thought there is loads lifted from 28 Days Later.

You're too young to remember that Survivors was on in the 1970s. So maybe 28 days ripped that version off.
  • Options
    I've seen the orginial Survivors, and that was good. But the camera shots, music and general production is all 28 Days Later.

The music on the trailers is lifted from the 28 Days soundtrack.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I've seen the orginial Survivors, and that was good. But the camera shots, music and general production is all 28 Days Later.

The music on the trailers is lifted from the 28 Days soundtrack.

OK but fell asleep watching 28 days
  • Options
    Really? the first hour is genius stuff, last 40 minutes is shite though.

28 Weeks is a good blood splattering romp
  • Options
    I've gone right off this, never has such a good idea been so sorely wasted, and never have a bunch of characters been so unlikeable. Really couldn't care less if any of them died
  • Options
    Watched it last night. Still well into it. The main characters being ejected from Dystopia was an excellent story line.