Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have we signed Helguson or what

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
have we signed him or havent we becuase if we have then why aint it on the OS

Comments

• Options
    Well maybe we havent?
  • Options
    official web site down mabe going to announce curbishely, helguson and keith
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]official web site down mabe going to announce curbishely, helguson and keith

LOL Optimism's a wonderful thing!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The OS just put on Parky's first interview. One snippet is that Kins and Phil Chapple are now working with the first team.
  • Options
    Website has crashed so we are obviously just about to name a quality experienced signing .......
  • Options
    Maybe Phil Chapple is going to coach the back four the offside trap that he was part of when he played for Cambridge now that would be hilarious and pee off oppo fans.
  • Options
    Or perhaps Gillespie's signed for QPR at the last minute ..... ?
  • Options
    Funnily enough the Bolton OS is down as well!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Website has crashed so we are obviously just about to name a quality experienced signing .......

Hopefully Bill Gates?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Funnily enough the Bolton OS is down as well![/quote]

Gary Megson is not funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]The OS just put on Parky's first interview. One snippet is that Kins and Phil Chapple are now working with the first team.

Well that will keep the "we want real Charlton people" happy.

I thought Phil Chapple was a scout rather than a coach but this is obviously a trick by Derek Chappell to get his name sung at games ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]The OS just put on Parky's first interview. One snippet is that Kins and Phil Chapple are now working with the first team.

Well that will keep the "we want real Charlton people" happy.

I thought Phil Chapple was a scout rather than a coach but this is obviously a trick by Derek Chappell to get his name sung at games ; - )

He was, but I guess Kinsella moves up to assistant, so maybe only temporarily Chapple moves to first team coach.
  • Options
    i think it is a good move tbh kins and chapple both played with pride and passion i think we should all gel together now and let the dust settle and support the current structure and not snipe it down as a bad thing too soon we all really need time to take stock and watch for the changes
  • Options
    OS still down. I love it when you can sort of half get on the site, but then when it comes up there's nothing actually there, apart from the little ticker tape running across the top, which - instead of telling you really vital stuff like Legends is filling up fast for the Soton game - simply says ''Undefined''...

I'd like to think they are preparing a story about Helguson signing. But at 6.30 pm , I rather doubt it.

The fella has obviously got an Icelandic mind of his own. His agent/manager line him up a deal at QPR. He gets there and doesn't like it , so he walks out. Then agent/manager do a deal with Charlton, and tip off the press that he's signing today. He gets up this morning, reads the paper and says 'Why the bloody hell would I want to go to that dump?'

Begruding respect to his independence , in a perverse sort of way !
  • Options
    To be fair the chaps and chapesses in the Comms team work all sorts of hours getting programmes out and meeting deadlines for a whole range of material not just the OS.

I imagine this weekend and today the phones have been ringing non-stop, they've had to re-vamp the OS to remove all mentions of Alan "Trotsky" Pardew plus do an interview with Super Phil.
  • Options
    again lol no news about helguson just about parky appointing kinsell and chappele
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]
    The fella has obviously got an Icelandic mind of his own. His agent/manager line him up a deal at QPR. He gets there and doesn't like it , so he walks out. Then agent/manager do a deal with Charlton, and tip off the press that he's signing today. He gets up this morning, reads the paper and says 'Why the bloody hell would I want to go to that dump?'

Begruding respect to his independence , in a perverse sort of way !

Nice thinking, Nigel - but apparently the reeeeeaaaal reason who turned away from QPR ........... is they wanted to change the deal to sign him on loan extended until Jan 31st.

Except, Helguson evidently unhappy at Bolton, reasoned that if QPR sent him back to Bolton on 31st Jan, he wouldn't have time to get the move he is obviously desperate for in the transfer window.

Note that Gillespie has signed for Charlton until Jan 2nd. If Charlton offer him a contract - great.
    And if not, he's still got time to make a move if anyone else wants him.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Progress - the ticker tape on the OS is now breaking the news that Pardew "has left his position as Charlton manager'', but there's nothing else you can read on the site.

Seriously, though : if Helguson isn't in town tonight, he ain't going to be leading the line for us tomorrow. Which leaves Parky a real quandry for his first game in charge. What does he do about Andy Gray and his personal predicament?

Did he train yesterday and today? If not, do you play him anyway as we did on Saturday after not training all week ? Very difficult...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Progress - the ticker tape is now breaking the news that Pardew "has left his position as Charlton manager'', but there's nothing else you can read on the site.

Seriously, though : if Helguson isn't in town tonight, he ain't going to be leading the line for us tomorrow. Which leaves Parky a real quandry for his first game in charge. What does he do about Andy Gray and his personal predicament?

Did he train yesterday and today? If not, do you play him anyway as we did on Saturday after not training all week ? Very difficult...

If we have the discipline to play to feet rather than simply lump it skywards I'd give Varney a go in a 4-5-1.

His finishing may be suspect at present but he is not a shirker and would be a lot more mobile than Gray.
  • Options
    so is helguson in then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nigel no you don't play Gray he needs time out of it!
  • Options
    Give Dicko a go, He's probably the only player left who's still full of confidence. Nothing ventured...
  • Options
    If Helguson had to have a medical at QPR he may've backed out. Bolton fans call him 'sicknote'. Sorry for being a miserable bleeder.
  • Options
    Apparently not happening then

Gee - this is an action packed time to be an Addick
  • Options
    how many times have we tried to sign Helguson now LOL