Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky on the OS

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Just read this article and I'm more than happy with what he's got to say for himself and the team.

I know it means sod all unless we start picking up points but as far as I'm concerned he's saying the right things which is more than Pardew ever managed.

A few snippets...

"I've bought Mark Kinsella and Phil Chapple into work at first-team level and I feel that's important as these are two people who understand this club more than anyone, and I want that to rub off on the lads.

"They've both been connected with the club a long time and they understand the importance of being a Charlton player, so I want them in and around the boys and working with me to get a result on Tuesday."

"Normally before games, we have a big meeting about the opposition, but it's been very difficult to predict what team QPR will play. So my tone to the lads has been to focus on what we're going to do and not worry too much about them - my team is picked and we're ready for battle."

Reading this has made me even more sure that going along to the game tonight is the right thing to do, lets just hope I'm still thinking that at 9.45 tonight!

Comments

• Options
    Last bit could mean; " oh dear I havnt a clue what to do"
  • Options
    Kinsella has overseen our ressies losing streak as well so his "understanding of the club" obviously not rubbing off that well
  • Options
    This could well be the silliest post I've ever written but...

.....for those who want Alan Curbishley back, would you 'want' a defeat tonight?

A win and Parkinson may be given the job full time - which if he keeps the run going would be the right thing to do.

(I said it was silly!)
  • Options
    Oh well lets give them a chance before we get too negitive
  • Options
    Christ, it's a good job you lot aren't in charge of motivating the team!
  • Options
    Excellent! Whatever happens now, Parky has actually sussed what to do to get the faithful onside...hallellujah!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hahahaha....sorry.

I'm usually very positive about the team. And of course I want a win tonight. Just not 100% sure about Parky.

I hope he does the business though.

Be great to see them come out and play without fear tonight. Hopefully Parky has taken a leaf out of 'arry Redknapp's book and kept it simple.

Even the players must have got fed up with AP's spin.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone is 100% about Parky but right now he's all we have, he has managerial experience and maybe more importantly right now he's just shown he can 'speak Charlton'.

I'm suddenly very gutted I'm not going tonight!

Good luck Parky!
  • Options
    Aye good luck Super PP
  • Options
    As long as the manager gets us winning and makes us hard to beat I don't care who the gaffer is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They got stuffed on sat as well, you never know perhaps all is not well in subbuteo land.
  • Options
    Kins and Chapple being brought in on first team stuff more, perhaps a more inclusive approach?