Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tonight will be a very good indicator.........

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
...To see if the players would be keen working under Parkinson or not. He would have had just two very light training sessions to work with the players, so in no way am i expecting miracles, change in shape, style of play etc whatsoever. Tonight is all for me about how the players react, particularly if we concede.

It was evident after Dowie's sacking the players had no real time for Les Reed, he was a doomed man from the start. Will we get the same reaction tonight, or will we see players realising the buck stops with them and rolling their sleeves up and fighting together for the cause as a collective unit ?

Lets not understate just what a massive game tonight is. Win and we pull out the bottom three, back towards the pack in front and with a key home game on Saturday. It will provide massive momentum in every aspect, fans, players and more importantly, would probably result in Parkinson getting the job if he kept the improvement going in the next game.

Lot to look out for at tonights game, and not just the result.

Comments

• Options
    True. Worth seeing if the cloud's lifted from them.

With recent events at QPR, could be an interesting one all round, expect they'll be jumpy too.
  • Options
    we are going to smash them. 3-0 to the addicks.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    parkinson is another reed in the making imo and in what i know

he's been with these players for a long time and they've hardly improved with pardew going we've cut off the head but the rest of the chuff is still there
  • Options
    I think I'll stick with ThreadKiller's assessment for the good of my own sanity.
  • Options
    Remember Reed's first game in charge at Reading away, gotta be one of the most Gutless displays I have ever seen, players were effectively letting the Board know they were not happy.
  • Options
    I am massively worried about the reported split dressing room. Unless Parky can address whatever issues are out there, it can only be solved by more changes in personnel which in itself will be disruptive. I cannot see that bringing more loan players in is going to help the situation, but shipping some out (permanently in January) to give a smaller squad should make us more together.
  • Options
    If the players arent willing to sweat blood tonight after the dismal showing on Saturday then something really deep rooted is wrong...
  • Options
    Let's hope it's not another Reading away (Reed's 1st game) and not like last season's game at QPR (1st shot 85mins).

Good luck to Phil and the boys.

C'mon you Reds.

Up the football league we go.
  • Options
    I was thinking this smacked of Reading, everyone really excited, get to the game, and the team don't.

Let's hope this isn't the same, otherwise the message on Parkys computer will be

b3tacrowdfail.gif
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]parkinson is another reed in the making imo and in what i know

he's been with these players for a long time and they've hardly improved with pardew going we've cut off the head but the rest of the chuff is still there[/quote]

I agree, personally I can't see what Parkinson will do differently (maybe change the side slightly), he's surely had a fairly substantial input into what Pardew did and in my mind we need a complete change.....hope I'm proved wrong, but I can't see anything other than a defeat tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fundamental difference between Parkinson and Reed is that Parkinson has managerial experience whereas Reed did not.

Reed is an excellent coach who courageously tried to fulfil an unfamiliar role in adverse circumstances.

Parkinson is a manager who is reverting to what he has successfully done previously albeit in adverse circumstances.

It may all still go pear shaped but on paper Parky should make a much better fist of it than Les did.
  • Options
    At least give Parkinson til the end of the night before declaring him unable to change anything and unable to lift us.

If we lose tonight 5-0 then fine, but at least give him a chance first.

Lets forget about the fact he was involved with the underperforming squad before, and treat this game as a completely new start.

If nothing has changed and we're just as bad as before, then I'm sure a new manager who wasn't involved before will be brought in.

Lets get behind him first though.

Up the reds.
  • Options
    I'm interested in seeing what team and formation he plays, must have his own ideas, surely didn't always agree with Pardew?
  • Options
    ok ok ok so if its "his team" and "his formation ,tactics" etc and if they are now going through set piece routines what the f**k did Parky do for the last two years with Pardew if he didnt have any input into those issues previously ? just cut the oranges at half time ?
  • Options
    He said on the OS yesterday he knows what the team will be, that does not suggest to me that he is thinking I'll carry on with Pards selections, so I expect some differences, perhaps Basey, Shelvey and McLeod could figure as well as Gillespie starting. A win tonight would provide a crucial kick-start, a defeat will set people to thinking a change from within is no change. Let's pray for a win.
  • Options
    Its very probable that we will lose or at very best draw tonight. However, it would be good to see some change in endevour, to actually knock the ball around a bit, or even open their defence up with a pass or two. If we can take some positives into Saturday then great. To expect the Parkie bounce to start away to QPR is opimistic ............but here's hoping!!
  • Options
    Pardew had a dressing room split at West Ham, it was the Baby Bentleys that finally did for him. To have the same supposed problem at Charlton just goes to show what a piss poor manager he is
  • Options
    Whats this about a dressing room split?
  • Options
    something on another post that i can't find now about Basesy's cousins sisters aunts brother sugguesting that the dressing room is split between the old pros and the Ego's.

Kind of supports some of the comments of those people who met the players in the hotel in pre season.
  • Options
    It always seemed as if AP was the sort of manager who expected his underlings to follow rather than have their own input. Let's hope that Parkinson had his own ideas which he can now use rather than follow in an APesque fashion.

0-1to us in a nervy but not gutless performance.

Those of you going tonight please give them your full support - they need to know that the fans are with them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what was the comments pre season?
  • Options
    Have you ever worked with a manager you like but didn't always agree with?

Ever been a number 2 to a boss and thought you could do better?

Ever seen your manager sacked and then when the big boss called you into the office had them tell you "well, we sacked the last guy cos he was rubbish. You were his assistant so you're being sacked too cos you must be to blame as well for not talking up and telling him/her they were wrong." and you thought "fair do's"

Parky might be a disaster like Ken Cragg's assistant or that assistant that took over Shankly but I'm prepared to give him till half time v QPR. : - )