Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks supporters' views needed for magazine article today!

Hi all

First off, please don't think of this posting as spam - I'm from a London magazine looking for genuine supporters to feature in an article out this week. It's a free magazine, so I'm not selling anything!

So how would you like to see your name in lights (OK then, newsprint)?

The Other Side Magazine (www.theothersidemag.co.uk), London's newest free magazine, features its very own football column. Our latest issue is out this week, and we're putting in a feature on fans' views of their team's season so far.

We're looking to print answers to the questions below from one supporter from each of London's 13 Premier and Football League clubs. So if you fancy it, pop your answers into the thread below and we'll pick the best answers to go into the mag - yes, just the like the Lotto, it could be you...(only without the massive tax free fortune, free champagne and cheesy publicity shots).

Cheers

The Other Side Magazine

(short turnaround on this one, so we need your thoughts by 5pm! Thanks a lot everyone)

"Why do you support Charlton?"
"What is your favourite memory as a Charlton fan?"
"What position did you think Charlton would be in at this stage of the season? (Be honest now!)"
"Where do you expect to finish at the end of the season?"
"Who's been your most important player so far?"
"And who's been the biggest disappointment?"
"All I want for Christmas is..."

(if you don't mind, please can you leave your first name as well)

Comments

• Options

It’s in the blood, like the HIV virus or malaria. Nothing I can do about it. Believe me I’ve tried.

Returning to the Valley after our exile, winning 4-2 at Highbury, regularly beating Spurs, the play-off ‘epic’ versus Sunderland. I could go on…

"What position did you think Charlton would be in at this stage of the season? (Be honest now!)"

Where we are. We’re rubbish.

Please see above…

Nicky Weaver, our keeper, as he’s the one who picks the ball out of the net. It’s a big responsibility and keeps him busy.

Does Alan ‘The Lizard’ Pardew count??

To wake up and find out the last two years have just been a bad dream and Alan Curbishley, our manager, has just re-signed Scott Parker and Jermain Defoe. Failing that, a takeover please…

First name: Sailor

Surname: Browneye

Star Sign: Scorpio

Ps mate, if I am the lucky one, any chance of a scan of it or something?? I’m unlikely to see the hard copy as I am presently sectioned in a secure mental health facility. I’ve broken into the library to write this as it is. Many thanks…feel free to whisper me…
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    * cos millwall and Palarse are shit
    * The words "not guilty". Beating the Goonershit at the Library.
    * Mid table
    * Mid table
    * Marcus Bent--thank f**k he went.
    * Renaldo he plays for someone else
    * Liz Hurley

Mr G Hater BA Hons , MBIFM, DSO + bar (many)
    3 rd Sand Dune
    Dhoa
    Qatar

PS can you leave the cash in the usual paper bag 4th cubicle gents at Waterloo. $ if poss as the exchange rate is shit.
    PSS im in the Dark Side is that like the "other side" ?
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Why do you support Charlton?"
    My dad's fault he took me in 1975 and 33 yrs and countless £££ and beers down the line i'm still going and God do i need a beer to watch them this season!

Getting promoted to the Premier League (twice)

At Least in the Play offs(Poor deluded fool)

Bottom of the division and skint

Any of them that can hold their concentration for more than 5 mins without screwing up

Where do you want me to start!!

A playstation 3!

Name:- Dave

If you can't stretch to a PS3 an X Box will do nicely :)
  • Options
    1) Because they are my local team.
    2) Beating Sunderland at Wembley to reach the Premiership
    3) Mid-table
    4) Mid-table
    5) Mark Hudson (Captain and busiest)
    6) Luke Varney (because he's so much better than the rest but hasn't shown it)
    7) To be clear of the relegation zone and some investment in the club wouldn't go amiss
  • Options

I'm the youngest of four brothers. They had first pick of the subutteo teams and I was left with Charlton.

Finding out the twins I had a threesome with really where identical.

Somewhere in SE7

Somewhere in SE10

Martin Adkins - very knowledgable

Neal Target - Poor team prediction skills

Lazy journo's to stop expecting fans to do their job for them
  • Options
    Dont be offended by Henry Irvings answers The Other Side.
  • Options
    1)I have a fondness for flasks,kaggools and modern electric trains and found a set of fans with a likeminded
    interest
    2)The day we moved back to the Valley.(It's close to the station.)
    3)15 points clear
    4)Administation
    5)Stuart Fleetwood.Brighton have high aspirations and 'he da man'
    6)Tough one.So many contenders.Todorov for having ankles made of paper
    7)i-phone.

Carly
  • Options
    "Why do you support Charlton?" – Because generally not a lot goes right for me in life so we seemed a good fit

"What is your favourite memory as a Charlton fan?" – Someone walking behind the goal pre-match at Stockport away carrying a tea and a hotdog, and a stray shot smashing them full in the face. Fantastic

"What position did you think Charlton would be in at this stage of the season? (Be honest now!)" – Mid table

"Where do you expect to finish at the end of the season?" – Mid table

"Who's been your most important player so far?" – Richard Murray, for sacking Pardew before it got to late

"And who's been the biggest disappointment?" – Kiosk server who didn’t know what a lager top was

"All I want for Christmas is..." – Something to numb the pain

AFKA Bartram
    People's Republic of Sidcup
    Blue eyes
    6"1
    GSOH
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]6"1

ahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhah
  • Options
    my mother got stuck in the turnstile whilst pregnant with me, the club only agreed to free her if I was indoctrinated as an addick from birth
    The moment I realised that Moutaouakil runs like one of the zombies from 28 days later
    4th
    8th
    Bailey
    Varney
    An obscure Russian watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008

A. Born and bred in Charlton, the floodlights used to keep me awake until we left the Valley in 83, 90% of family are addicks, Dad used to tell me stories of crowds of 60 thousand plus, and games like the famous huddersfiled match 7-6 in the 50's

A. My first match, at selhurst park, we played liverpool and got stuffed 4 nil, Ronnie Roshenthal scored a hatrick, rember the flloodlights the smell of the grass, my brand new scarff that my uncle had got me, didnt take it off for weeks, remember walking behind the goal near the end so we were near the exit, I shouted 'Come on Charlton' and Bruce Grobbelar turned around and winked at me..

A. Mid Table just outside the playoffs, its scary to see how many points Brum and Wolves have already.

A. Get the right manager in and we could make a late charge for the playoffs ala sunderland and stoke and Hull, but would settle for top 12 and looking forward to a challenge the following season.

A.Nicky Bailey, if we had a few more with as much passion as he has we would be fine.

A. Luke Varney, Looked a brilliant prospect at crewe just couldnt hit a barn door at the moment, he has potential and just hope the new gaffer brings it out of him as he could be a top player, simular to Doyle at reading for me.

A. A healthy baby, the mrs and i are expecting are first child over xmas so thats top of my list, but 3 points here and there would go down well too..

Adam From Erith in Kent.
  • Options
    1) Lennie Lawrence's promotion winning side of 1985.
    2) Steve Gritt's Testimonial at Selhurst Park
    3) 24th
    4) 6th
    5) Peter Shirtliff (two goals in the playoff final v Leeds)
    6) Iain Dowie (for blowing the biggest transfer kitty in charlton's history)
    7) A new pair of lucky pants as the old ones are completely knackered