Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the official Play Offs thread

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
even today, after the loss at QPR, I feel we can make the play off.

Everybody with me say AYE

(I don't envisage much action on here but I'll bump it in May to prove the nay-sayers wrong)

Comments

• Options
    I'll have whatever your on.....must be good stuff !
  • Options
    Ahh, the only one left with the rose tinteds!
    I will buy a season ticket next year, all the same.
  • Options
    I admire your optimism Swisdom I really do. Such a shame.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sorry Swisdom - that sort of spin should have gone out of the door with you-know-who on Sat night.

Look at the table tonight. If we lose on Sat and Forest and Doncaster win, we will almost certainly be in 24th place. Even if we win , we remain in the bottom three. We're nine points off even 14th place, let alone top half, top six etc.

Worse, as presently constituted, under any manager we are simply not going to score the goals needed to lift us up the table. Our strikers have scored twice in open play in the last 11 games.

We have to fear the worst, I'm afraid - but hope for the best. Which may be 21st place.
  • Options
    I reckon too. We'll be fighting for a place with Forest, Doncaster and Millwall in 2010.
  • Options
    yep new grounds possibly next season more interesting league blah blah blah
  • Options
    Hey, Swizzo ........ I'll stand beside you.

Palace were in exactly the same place and same shit this time last season - and gradually they turned it round.
    And they made the Play-offs.

So never say never - it can be done. It's all mindset, concentration and confidence.
    Not that we've got much of that in the squad at the moment.

So one match at a time - lets see where Saturday's match takes us first?
  • Options
    why not!
  • Options
    "lets see where Saturday's match takes us first''

Sure, but it ain't going to take us anywhere. Even three points will stll leave us in the bottom three. i'm not despairing. Just trying to be realistic in the expectations we place on new manager and team. 21st palce come end of the season and, yes, I will be cracking open the Bolly...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]"lets see where Saturday's match takes us first''

Sure, but it ain't going to take us anywhere. Even three points will stll leave us in the bottom three. i'm not despairing. Just trying to be realistic in the expectations we place on new manager and team. 21st palce come end of the season and, yes, I will be cracking open the Bolly...

But fortunately, Nigel, the season doesn't finish on Saturday. We're not even half way yet.
    So no need to let the hope kill you just now.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]"lets see where Saturday's match takes us first''

But fortunately, Nigel, the season doesn't finish on Saturday. We're not even half way yet.
    So no need to let the hope kill you just now.

;o)

Give it a rest Oggy. You can't believe what you're saying. I'm generally a positive person but even I would say that finishing 14th or 15th is about as good as it could get.
  • Options
    oggs

i luv your posts buddy normally, but it working mate i wish i had a dog to kick and a cat to throttle

i am sooper pissed off
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    As said, Oggy, I'm not despairing. But I don't think unreasonable expectations help Parky, the permanent manager who will inevitably soon succeed him or the team . The players are in a relegation scrap and their immediate aspirations should be to get us into 21st place (which is going to take at least two succesful games, even if others lose all their games). When and if we get out of the bottom three, let's start thinking about 15th-16th place etc etc... One step at a time , that's all I am saying.
  • Options
    Jimmy, the whole context of my comments on this thread has been to say that "So never say never - it can be done. It's all mindset, concentration and confidence. Not that we've got much of that in the squad at the moment.

So one match at a time - lets see where Saturday's match takes us first? "

And that's exactly what I said and meant.
  • Options
    EYE
  • Options
    at the moment i would be happy just staying up
  • Options
    and that will take a monumnetal effort mate,i am really depressed i cant see where the goals are comin from and i cant see us keeping clean sheets.
  • Options
    keep up the faith NSS,there is still a long way to go.

Its all part of the ups and downs following Charlton
  • Options
    bollo ........ were screwed......

as stated before Id take staying up and be delighted with it...
  • Options
    went with a lot of optimism last night there were a few positives to take but our defending is really hurting us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Ahh, the only one left with the rose tinteds!
    I will buy a season ticket next year, all the same.

You won't need to buy one, we get a freebie next year when we're promoted.

:)
  • Options
    Oggy - today has taken us one point more .... still gonna make the play offs?!

Numpty ...... 21st and we're all over the moon
  • Options
    play off! i mean playoff to survive in this league...
  • Options
    I still believe

We could and should have annihilated them today but I'll take the point