Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

tonights game

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
didn't go - only the 2nd game mised this season.

didn't hear radio commentary and only came on here when the game was all over to read some of the threads.......found out that our new saviour (Parky) dropped 3 of our best players from Sat (moo2, Holland & Bailey) and started with young Waghorn...........forwards still didn't score.

still didn't get a win and by all accounts still dodgy at the back.

A new broom is needed - someone from outside the club who know nothing about the players and can make a informed opionion once he has seen them all. All our players out on loan should come back too.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Don't worry, Golf. it's going to happen. Don't know how long it will take. If we lose Saturday, the job interviews will start on Monday morning.

If we win on Sat, it might take a bit longer. But Parky is most definitely a caretaker. Unless something extraordinary happens, he's not going to get the job on a permanent basis and I think he knows that.
  • Options
    it's not so bad,

Family Guy is on :-)
  • Options
    We deserved at least a point.

QPR had only a few chances and scored two of them - although a lot of people were convinced the ball had gone out before their first - but we had more than our fair share of the game.

Racon looked busy and worked well with Semedo, and Gillespie brought a bit of experience and quality to the right side.

Varney's miss was poor, and maybe if young Waghorn had still been on then he would have tucked it away.

I'm hopeful that with a few more days of training and preparation that we'll get a win on Saturday and things will start to look a bit more promising.
  • Options
    yeep whatever u do dont slag waggy off i was well imprerssed,varney hang your head in shame son feckin poor.
  • Options
    One of the best games i've seen us play all season. Comes down to Varney and him just not being good enough.
  • Options
    Didn't deserve to lose.

Just everytime the opposition attack it seems they score.

Varney missed a golden chance yet again.

Youga was dreadful, Basey or anyone with some knowledge of how do pass 5 yards needs to take his place.

Same problem creating chances, we have 3 players all around the ball but only Gray to target, if he wins it we lose it due to him having no support.

Positives:

Gillespie looked an experienced head and seemed to deliver crosses.

Racon looked good.
  • Options
    Thought we played better tonight than we have for a while now. Didnt deserve to lose. Racon and Semedo looked really solid in midfield and Racon gave us some much needed energy and creativity, whilst Semedo neatly broke things up. Id prefer to see Cranie as a Cb than a rb though.....thought Hudson looked jaded. The team looked hungrier and had much more fight and quite a bit of pace too. Youga is a worry...think Id rather see Basey......Thought Waghorn looked sharp and robust...Gray worked his socks off as did Bouazza and Gillespie, especially in the first half. We seemed to revert to type when Varney replaced Waggy and Sam Replaced Cranie.....lost shape and the passion seemed to get sucked out of us. Varney's miss sums up his season.....probably needs a run in the reserves to bring back his confidence.....Id rather see Moo2 play rm than Sam...but Gillespie surprised me with his pace...and he crosses well.

Fighting performance and great support from the travelling Addicks in a paltry 12K crowd
  • Options
    and for me Man of the match was a close run thing between Semedo and Racon
  • Options
    Thanks Tel. How many Charlton there? And were they supportive?
  • Options
    about 600 and yes very supportive
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my random thoughts on the game

defence was terrible - particularly in the centre
    neither Primus nor Hudson look up to it and if we had two replacements I would drop them both for Saturday

Racon and Semedo in midfield was one of the highlights - solid and energetic though perhaps a little too similar? need one of them to get forward more and threaten the opposition's goal

Bouaza for me was probably our best player - dangerous when running at their defence

Crainie offers nothing going forward from right-back and doesn't look great defensively either

Gray - did nothing for 90 minutes - waste of time him being on the pitch

Varney - nothing I need to add really - horrific miss

In short, QPR were poor but have a striker who knows how to score goals which is something we clearly don't and last night to me looked like a team that could well be relegated come May 3rd next year.
  • Options
    Think our two problem areas were the full backs to be honest.

The first goal all our players stopped as they thought the ball went out on our right hand side.

The second we gave them to much time to cross the ball, but it was a quality header, you have to give that to him.

There was a thread on here yesterday saying it would be a good guide last night on whether the players wanted to play for Parky, i would say they did.

At times we played them off the park last night, we just need that bit of luck infront of goal, i dont just mean Varnety being able to bury a chance, but they had so many hashed clearances last night that they got away with.

I came away drom last night a lot more positive than i had done for a while
  • Options
    I went and thought we played well. My thoughts as follows.

Firstly charltons support was brilliant, best away crowd I have been in since watford away in the prem. so almost 2 years, The team showed some really good battling qualities that got the crowd going.

players

Weaver - no chance for either goal really, managed to punch one cross away
    Youga - didnt play well. usual problems
    Primus - defended brilliantly I really hope we can hold on to him for longer
    Huddy - didi a good job but badly at fault for qprs first.
    craine - did ok. cant see what he brings that moo2 doesnt

KEEEEEEEEF "dizzy" Gillespie - looked good put in some great crosses which I think gray will thrive on
    Racon - bad start, superb got better and better, good going forward
    Semedo - Much needed beef in midfield these 2 looked good together too
    Bouzza looked very dangerous, QPR could not deal with him at all.

Gray - good performance won lots of headers and linked the play well
    Waggy - busy lots of running off the ball,

Varney - missed a massiv massive chance
    sam - not on for long
  • Options
    Thought last night was a massive improvement on the dross that has been served up week on week to us. We could just have easily won 2-1 as lost it. What does concern me is we have missed another opportunity, we are losing touch game by game & we must break this run we are on soon.

Racon, Semedo, Waghorn, Gray put excellent shifts in, Gillespie & Bouazza looked threatening out wide as for Kelly Youga think enough has been said about him already drop him now.
  • Options
    I thought Racon & Semedo were both excellent. Those two, with our two loanee wingers, Buzz + Gillespie actually look a pretty decent midfield four. Racon was distraught at the end of the game last night. He just sank to his knees with his head in his hands (gloves). I really felt for him.
  • Options
    ok so will we beat Southampton
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]ok so will we beat Southampton

Depends which Charlton Turns up, a massive improvement last night, but how poor have we been at home of late, will the players revert back to type. personally I think we are gonna see another improvement on Saturday just hope it is enough.
  • Options
    I think if they show the same commitment the crowd at the valley will really get behind this team.....Good to meet you Ketman :-)
    And I thought our support was excellent
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]I think if they show the same commitment the crowd at the valley will really get behind this team.....Good to meet you Ketman :-)
    And I thought our support was excellent

Likewise Tel, always nice to meet new Charltonlife faces !
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]ok so will we beat Southampton

If we play like we did last night then yes. The back four still looks dodgy to me. Who was marking Blackstock for that first goal? Seen better defending from a under 9's side.

Midfield looked good last night. Racon was superb in that first half, but tired during the 2nd. Understandable with him having only played one reserve game. Bouazza played well. Made some great runs into the box. Gillespie looked good on the right. Like Racon, he needs games.

Waghorn impressed me last night. Good footy brain and looked a handful. Pity he came off.

That was a vast improvement in what i have seen from a Charlton side in recent weeks, so would be inclined to keep the midfield and strikers that started the game last night for this saturday. The back four though needs someone back there who can organise. No chat there at all, and they look all over the shop.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The back four though needs someone back there who can organise. No chat there at all, and they look all over the shop.

Am I right in saying that it was at the start of the season when Fortune and Hudson were playing together that we looked quite solid?

If so, get him back in pronto.