Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New loan signing?

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
The Daily Mail is saying that Parky's getting 23 year old, Derby defender Jay McEveley in on loan.

Comments

• Options
    did he play for them last season

If so forget it
  • Options
    Young left back, was on loan at Preston earlier in the season.

Sensible move if correct - we need a reliable left back now.
  • Options
    getting fed up with all these loanees. Generally turn out to be no better than what we have got. W'll have a team of loanees soon, a joke imo.
  • Options
    Sky reckons Varney is going the other way in the deal!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Sky reckons Varney is going the other way in the deal!

no doubt hell turn up score in his first twelve minutes of being there and become a machine destroying defences across the nation....

over a million for that flippin joke..... old skool 300,000 at best
  • Options
    Sorry missing sometihng here a million for who? McEveley? Verney?
  • Options
    First we need someone better than Youga. I think Basey would be more reliable but if McEvely signs hopeful he'll do well.

But another loan signing. What a joke we have become. So many players just here for a few weeks to try and steady the ship. How will we get a decent team spirit going if these players are going to leave in 4 weeks time? I really do think we might be going down.
  • Options
    He might not be a loan though, could be a swap deal for Varney with the deal being made permanent in January. We clearly need a decent left-back as Youga is not up to it and Basey is too slow. Seriously, could Powell have done worse this season than Youga?

Varney will be on tidy wages....
  • Options
    To me Loan signings should be something we look at during the season to fill gaps. The Management at CAFC (and I include the Directors there) have seemingly gone into the season believing that those gaps already exist.

The other aspect is that, by virtue of the fact that a number of these "signings" come from the Premiership, there is an expectation from those Managers that we will play those players. This can only have the effect of de-stabilising the rest of the squad. For example, what did Moutu and Semedo think when Crainie was signed? What do the likes of Dickson, McCleod and Todorov think about their chances of getting in the team when Waghorn is assured of a place?
  • Options
    Both full back positions are problem areas. With the exception of playing Semedo at right back, we have not got a decent back in either position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Basey is a decent full back in my ever so humble. Not the quickest but a proper footballer.

Rather try Solly over the Moo2 and Youga. Just don't seem able to eliminate costly errors.
  • Options
    So what if Basey is slow - so was Chris Powell

Play the lad!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]So what if Basey is slow - so was Chris Powell

Play the lad!

Class over pace everytime.
  • Options
    Basey makes Powell look like Usain Bolt. Agree he's a better option than Youga right now but not convinced he's the long term solution
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Play the lad!

Class over pace everytime.

As Rommedahl showed week in, week out!
  • Options
    I thought Cranie had a decent game last night, probably his best in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Basey is a defender....I'm not sure what Youga is.

Clown?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]Basey makes Powell look like Usain Bolt.

LOL!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I thought Cranie had a decent game last night, probably his best in a Charlton shirt.

I'm not a fan of Cranie, but he did well last night.

Still think Gillespie would benefit from an overlapping Yassin.
  • Options
    The one thing Basey ain't is a winger - though Pards seemed to think he could fill that role against Burnley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Play the lad!
    Basey is a different level of slow. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see him making it as a fullback.
  • Options
    Maybe but the point is do we really want ANOTHER loan signing?

I'd much prefer a home grown lad playing.
  • Options
    We played five loanees last night.

If McEveley comes in, that's six.

As we are only allowed a max of five in any match squad, one of them should be sent back. No point in a club that is allegedly broke paying the wages of six loanees when under the rules one of them has to sit in the stand every game.

Cranie?
  • Options
    I guess it's all about getting fresh mental energy into the team and trying to eliminate problem areas.

If you as manager feel that you're vulnerable in a certain position and it's costing you goals or the game even, you've got to do something about it. And soon.

At a time when the transfer window is shut, then loan options are the only throw of the dice available.
  • Options
    Is there any limit to the number of loans we are allowed in total?

I know we can play no more than 5 at any one time but is there a limit to the number of loanees that we actually recruit over a season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]We played five loanees last night.

If McEveley comes in, that's six.

As we are only allowed a max of five in any match squad, one of them should be sent back. No point in a club that is allegedly broke paying the wages of six loanees when under the rules one of them has to sit in the stand every game.

Cranie?

Cranie's on a season long loan, so you can't send him back until January at the earliest, Nigel.
    Same with Bouazza.

Next month, you can send back Waghorn and Primus, as their initial loan expires.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Is there any limit to the number of loans we are allowed in total?

I know we can play no more than 5 at any one time but is there a limit to the number of loanees that we actually recruit over a season?

8 Len, with 4 under 24, I believe.

Henry's the expert .... he's genned up on this sort of thing.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Is there any limit to the number of loans we are allowed in total?

;o)

Not much scope left then!
  • Options

;o)

And don't you forget it Oggy ; - )

Overseas loans don't count so we can still get another 10 or 12 of them plus I think that if you buy a player who was on loan that no longer counts towards you're 8.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

;o)

And don't you forget it Oggy ; - )

Overseas loans don't count so we can still get another 10 or 12 of them plus I think that if you buy a player who was on loan that no longer counts towards you're 8.

Hint hint!