Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton in the first and second round of the FA Cup

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
When was the last time ?

Any memories of particular games ?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Tonbridge away in the 1st round donkey's ago. We won 0-5 and as you'd expect the locals got a little posse together and got a good hiding from the Charlton boys. I was only about 12 I think.
    I'm pretty sure Arthur Horsefield got a couple that day.

Oh and Colchester away. We got beat 2-0 and Dick tydeman got sent off I think. One of the stands was like a scene from the wild west !
  • Options
    what year stone ?
  • Options
    Gawd knows mate Tonbridge was probably early 70's but the Colchester on more late 70's I reckon.

Anyone got the definitive fixture/result book on them?
  • Options
    Tonbridge was when we were in the third division I think so 73/4 I reckon.
  • Options
    Last time must have been the 80/81 season under Bailey.

Beat Harlow 2 - 0 , then Bournemouth 2- 1with two late goals, seem to remember a big surge in the Covered End when the winner went in.

Don't remember the 3rd rd but we beat Fulham at the Cottage. After the game press asked Hales if we had a chance of winning the cup and he said "more chance than Fulham. Took 8k to Portman Rd to be packed in like sardines and see us lose 2-0
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Last time must have been the 80/81 season under Bailey.

Beat Harlow 2 - 0 , then Bournemouth 2- 1with two late goals, seem to remember a big surge in the Covered End when the winner went in.

Don't remember the 3rd rd but we beat Fulham at the Cottage. After the game press asked Hales if we had a chance of winning the cup and he said "more chance than Fulham. Took 8k to Portman Rd to be packed in like sardines and see us lose 2-0

wasn't that Sheff Wed (first division i think at the time) when it all kicked off big time outside the ground...won 2-1 i think...also the ipswich game was later surely after we beat pompey 3-0 in the replay the round before...or was the sheff wed 'year' earlier ?...also remember going to the tonbridge game...what a shock to the system that was when we saw their ground...didn't it just have a rope or something down one side to mark the boundary...
  • Options
    I went to that match against Tonbridge - I think they are called the Angels. Sorry cant remember the year tho.
  • Options
    Close Len. 72-73

1972-73 PRE MAIDSTONE UNITED H 1-1
    PREr MAIDSTONE UNITED A 2-1
    1Q RAMSGATE ATHLETIC H 1-1
    1Qr RAMSGATE ATHLETIC A 3-0
    2Q FOLKESTONE A 1-0
    3Q SITTINGBOURNE H 4-1
    4Q ROMFORD H 0-0
    4Qr ROMFORD A 2-1
    1 CHARLTON ATHLETIC H 0-5
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Last time must have been the 80/81 season under Bailey.

then Bournemouth 2- 1with two late goals,

Hales and Walsh .... was early 80's
  • Options
    amazing memory, you were only about 2 years old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rember the harlow game stood on a grass bank.