Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kelly "Bambi" Youga

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Can we all club together and buy him some boots with studs in?

I counted 4 times in the first half when he slipped over, it was just pure luck that he got away with it each time.

Then in the 2nd half he had a golden opportunity to have a shot from inside the box but as the ball came to him he slipped over again!

I don't play football myself anymore so haven't bought a pair of boots for about 15 years.
Is this problem with the type of boots/studs he's using or he just VERY clumsy?

Comments

• Options
    He's not the only one to suffer from this,i have seen several of our players do this this season.
    It's got to be down to the boots.I bought a pair last season to play in a game at the valley and was suprised how light they were..it was like wearing carpet slippers
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm not one for slagging off players or the team but it's nothing to do with his boots, the bloke is just a woeful footballer.

I'll repeat my experience of standing on the Bob Bank at Cardiff City this season when the Bluebirds were laughing at him.

Not abuse for being rubbish, laughter.

Get him out of the team. The three other defenders can't feel comfortable with him fannying about.

I'd play Basey every week. No pace - maybe. But at least he's a bloody defender!
  • Options
    Can we send him back to Scunthorpe?

He needs to be as far away from the first team as possible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I'm not one for slagging off players or the team but it's nothing to do with his boots, the bloke is just a woeful footballer.

I'll repeat my experience of standing on the Bob Bank at Cardiff City this season when the Bluebirds were laughing at him.

Not abuse for being rubbish, laughter.

Get him out of the team. The three other defenders can't feel comfortable with him fannying about.

I'd play Basey every week. No pace - maybe. But at least he's a bloody defender!

You've got a point there, I really wanted him to sort it out as he occasionally shows glimpses of being a great player but I've pretty much lost my patience now.

I took a mate to a game a while ago and after 15mins he said "who's the guy with the hair, he's absolutely hysterical!"
  • Options
    He has to be dropped & not just for one game, the one major let down of last night.
  • Options
    He's a liability said it for a long time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]He has to be dropped & not just for one game, the one major let down of last night.

Agree with you Ketman. I've kept the faith that last seasons Kelly would raise his head but enough is enough.
  • Options
    Looks like we will be getting to see some more of Youga now McEveley is injured B-)
  • Options
    It'll be Basey or Semedo, can't see Parkinson putting Youga back in yet.
  • Options
    has to be basey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    on last night i dont think that semedo was even on the pitch last night it was a lookie likey.

If thats how jose plays at full back the sooner he is in centre mid the better
  • Options
    Semedo back in midfield for Holland/Bailey.

Basey at left back.

Youga can iron the kit
  • Options
    Youga can wear the Floyd costume, Dean Sinclair must have had enough of it by now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]He's not the only one to suffer from this,i have seen several of our players do this this season.
    It's got to be down to the boots.I bought a pair last season to play in a game at the valley and was suprised how light they were..it was like wearing carpet slippers

you played football - lol now that I would have paid to see.