Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Categorising Games

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Just phoned the ticket office to get some family members tickets for saturdays game, sitting alongside our season ticket seats v Southampton to be told this is a Cat A game and the highest price tickets apply for this game. £30 for an adult and £10 for a child under 11. How in or who in gods name decides that teams that sit in the bottom half of the table are classed as A category ???
I suppose this is done before the season kicks off and the ticket office decide who are going to be more attractive teams to watch.

Comments

• Options
    Agree, the idea of paying £30 to watch a bottom of the table clash is ludicrous. Of course they need to come up with the categories sometime but they really ought to review them if need be
  • Options
    I'm feeling your pain there.
    I've got 5 non Charlton mates coming to the game and I told them it would probably be about £20.

Couldn't believe it when I phoned up and they were £30!

Felt very sheepish emailing them all to let them know and I've been receiving a torrent of abuse ever since!
  • Options
    £30.00 what a joke think they need a re think on that one

Could be less than 20k this week
  • Options
    Maybe it's something to do with what Southampton charge us?

I'm Spartacus
  • Options
    higher police costs perhaps?
  • Options
    And there I was a few days ago slaggin QPR off for the price they charged us for a freezing midweek game. Oh and in a state of the art stadium.
  • Options
    Its down to recent clashes with saints fans, and policing costs involved.
  • Options
    Does seem pretty stupid that for a must win game we are charging a price that will put fans off.

£30 just before christmas and in the current economic climate is a piss take imo
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]Does seem pretty stupid that for a must win game we are charging a price that will put fans off.

£30 just before christmas and in the current economic climate is a piss take imo

LOL at your name change!

Have to admit I was calling him that on the train home last night.
  • Options
    Yeah, but at least he's wearing the right watch & jeans now, that has to count for something surely.

And call me cynical, reading PP's comments about when they turn up for training on Thursday............surely in this situation and considering how poorly our defence is performing, they should be in for coaching, training or sheer bloody hard work to help iron out mistakes and positional work, not having days off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Its down to recent clashes with saints fans, and policing costs involved.

I'm pretty sure its primarily down to the fact Saints always bring good numbers to us, so the club felt they could cash in a little. Its why Swansea were moved to Cat A for the season opener because we knew they would sell.
  • Options
    To be honest the seats in the quads are still good and much cheaper for than £30 notes, have mates in the north lower so can meet them for a drink at halftime no probs. couldnt get a season ticket this term with the baby due so get indiviual tickets and the cheap seats are fine.
  • Options
    The categories are usually based on how many fans that team will bring along, Saints have good support and there's the policing issue.

I can't make it on Sat, if anyone in the brom area wants a ticket, give us a whisper.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Its down to recent clashes with saints fans, and policing costs involved.

I'm pretty sure its primarily down to the fact Saints always bring good numbers to us, so the club felt they could cash in a little. Its why Swansea were moved to Cat A for the season opener because we knew they would sell.

I think AFKA is closer to the truth.

Thing is there are still plenty of £20 and £25 tickets available in home areas as there have been for most games this season.

Which games are which Cat is not set at the beginning of the season but as it goes along. Charlton is a local game for Soton as well as them bring a decent support.

No Saints in the Lib club on Saturday I take it.
  • Options
    Was quoted today by club today " Games are catergorised before the season starts as by F.A. Rules " !!!! Yer Right !!! Move the goal posts seems to come to mind.