Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Loanees - send them back ?

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Personally I'd send 'em all back bar Bouazza, perhaps Gillespie, but even then is Gillespie still up to it ?

Why persist with Cranie, he ain't good enough. Ditto Primus, especially now Forch is fit. McEverly, I'd rather see Basey there as I would Moo2 at RB. All we are doing is stunting the growth of the likes of Moo2 and Basey and how can we ever expect them to improve if they don't play. It's not as if any of the loanees are significantly better than we have got. I mean Cranie an U21 intl. Pleeeaassseee. As for Waghorn. Now not having a go at the kid but what he did last night Izzy or Dickson could have done just the same. If I were either of them I'd want out in January, there is just no logic to what is going on.

The lunatics are finally running the asylum.

Comments

• Options
    "Send the buggers back" all togehter now...

Large.. Link ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Who was the player Birmingham had on loan from Chelsea? Forsell

Don't make em' like that anymore
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Who was the player Birmingham had on loan from Chelsea? Forsell

Don't make em' like that anymore

Or Hull getting Frazier Campbell last year
  • Options
    Apparently it is not that easy to send them back.

According to Oggy Red, whose post I copy here for information purposes from another thread:

Cranie's on a season long loan, so you can't send him back until January at the earliest. Same with Bouazza.

Next month, you can send back Waghorn and Primus, as their initial loan expires.
  • Options
    we could drop a couple of at oxfam
  • Options
    Cranie's on loan until the end of the year, so he can go back in January.
  • Options
    I thought Cranie did well last night so I wouldn't send him back yet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I thought Cranie did well last night so I wouldn't send him back yet

He's a decent player, but because he's on loan and not an aggressive, brave, get it clear type of defender I don't think he appeals to the fans. Makes him look like he doesn't care and isn't interested to some people.

I've seen him make mistakes because he's being calm on the ball, but he's a young defender and that type of player will make mistakes because he doesn't want to just smash the ball into the stands every time it goes near him.

Steve Gritt said similar things about Josh Wright, he'll make mistakes because he's not scared to try the harder or longer passes.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Last night's side, Parky's 1st - with no injury worries, had half the outfield players as loanees - if McEverley comes in that will be 6 out of 10. What that must be doing for morale, heaven only knows. Very few of us rate any of them highly and Rothko is one of the few who doesn't think Crainie one of the worst right backs to play for the club in recent memory.

When the chips are down, are these "temps" going to get stuck in or will they pull out of tackles so not to get injured for their parent club?
  • Options
    I didn't go with the opinion that Greg Halford was a bad player either, as was proved by his two assists and near goal on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest I'm willing to give all the loanees (Cranie included, who I thought was absolute toss) another chance under Parkinson. He might be able to get some more out of them. God knows Pardew couldn't, hence why he is no longer here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I didn't go with the opinion that Greg Halford was a bad player either, as was proved by his two assists and near goal on Saturday

He was getting praised up last night even after Sheff u had let in 3 goals!
  • Options
    I don't thin our loan players are too bad.

I think Primus has been a good use of a loan.

Gillespie showed to me last night he is much better winger than Sam, mainly because he can cross the ball instead of doing step overs.

Bouazza is our only option for a left winger and when he decides he wants to do something he can make dangerous runs to get crosses in

Waghorn, young talent, not worse than any of our other strikers, not sure if we should be developing another clubs player at this stage though.

Cranie, thought he did well last night, but overall he has been poor.
  • Options
    So what you are saying Large is play the good loan players and not play the bad ones. So really nothing to do with if they are loans or not rather just are they are good.

We can't have 6 loans in the same 16

And I don't care if the perm players get upset that loans have come in and take "their" places. If the perm players were good enough and consistent enough we wouldn't need the loan players. Let them get upset and so work harder to get "their" places back
  • Options
    Exactly, Henry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I didn't go with the opinion that Greg Halford was a bad player either, as was proved by his two assists and near goal on Saturday

He was just inconsistent, we already had our own inconsistent players in his positions. It's not that he's that much better than anyone we have, just playing with confidence and Sheff Utd are getting more out of him than we did.
  • Options
    Halford and Iwelumo were both players for Parky at Colchester. They both did well for him. One has been bought by two prem clubs in multi million deals and the other is top scorer in the CCC and a full scotland cap.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So what you are saying Large is play the good loan players and not play the bad ones. So really nothing to do with if they are loans or not rather just are they are good.

We can't have 6 loans in the same 16

And I don't care if the perm players get upset that loans have come in and take "their" places. If the perm players were good enough and consistent enough we wouldn't need the loan players. Let them get upset and so work harder to get "their" places back

I agree with that however the problem seems to be that loan players are being played without our own players even getting a look in, irrespective of form or performance.

Gillespie is fair enough. Sam has had plenty of opertunities and not taken his chance. Bouazza is the same in that we don't have anyone else.

I have issue with Crainie. Semedo and Moot2 have imo both looked far better when they have played yet Crainie is picked in front of them. Wagthorn has no record to suggest he is any better that McLeod or Dickson yet he started last night.
  • Options
    Fair point on the home players getting a chance.

Personally I think McLeod good give us something different with his power and pace.

Moo2 I think has had enough chances although not sure if Cranie is the answer.
  • Options
    the thing for me with Semedo is that he's wasted at RB, he's got to play in the middle of the park
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]the thing for me with Semedo is that he's wasted at RB, he's got to play in the middle of the park

I agree I would always play Semedo in the holding midfield role but I think he's a good example of a loan player being picked over one of our own when our player was as good if not better.
  • Options
    The very fact that we need all these loan players at all is a damning indictment of Pardew's competence.

He spunked a years parachute money and some yet the players he purchased are apparently not good enough to do a job in this division!

Had he spent properly then we could use loans as they should be used namely cover for injuries or suspensions not as a magic wand!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving
    And I don't care if the perm players get upset that loans have come in and take "their" places. If the perm players were good enough and consistent enough we wouldn't need the loan players. Let them get upset and so work harder to get "their" places back[/quote]

I expect KG to be more effective than Sam, and Linvoy was vital while Fortune was crocked, but Boazza while talented has been inconsistent and gives poor cover - Basey looked useful left wing, so has Varney when played there. Is Waghorn better than McLeod/Dicko? I doubt it. Is Semedo or Moo2 better than Crainey - you betcha. So at least three of Parky's loan selections IMHO are worse than those on the payroll. Having said that he deserves at least four matches to change things, but I'm concerned for morale.
  • Options
    Len wrote:

"The very fact that we need all these loan players at all is a damning indictment of Pardew's competence. He spunked a years parachute money and some yet the players he purchased are apparently not good enough to do a job in this division!
    Had he spent properly then we could use loans as they should be used namely cover for injuries or suspensions not as a magic wand! ''

Absolutely 100 per cent spot on, Len. Loans should be kept for injuries and other unforeseen circs (not even sure suspensions should qualify, really).

To comply with League rules, the Waghorn move had to go through as a so-called 'emergency loan''. What bloody emergency , other than Pardew had wasted all the money on duds?

Frankly, it would have served us right if the League had turned around and said 'nope, you can't sign Waghorn because we don't see an emergency. You seem to have half a dozen strikers who are more-or-less fit and the fact that you don't think any of them are much cop is besides the point.'
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The very fact that we need all these loan players at all is a damning indictment of Pardew's competence.

He spunked a years parachute money and some yet the players he purchased are apparently not good enough to do a job in this division!

Had he spent properly then we could use loans as they should be used namely cover for injuries or suspensions not as a magic wand!

As I said before, too much money wasted on potential and players that might be good.

I know we didn't spend much on fees or wages, but signings like Dorian Smith, Paulo Monteiro, Dean Sinclair, and some might argue Fleetwood and Dickson weren't needed.

Might not cost much, but we still have to spend time training them, playing them in reserve games over other players etc. They built up the squad making it bigger than we needed.
  • Options
    Notice that Halford was playing right mid on Saturday - and looked effective - his problem at Charlton wasn't getting forward where he scored a couple and had a couple of assists - it was his defending that was poor - thus making it even stranger why he was preferred over Moo2 who even last season had proved himself going forward.

I agree that with Ambrose gone, Bouazza is the only option on left wing - if Parky thinks Youga is a liability then why not give Basey a long run out at LB - he was excellent last season - v.solid and gives us more options at set pieces.

Primus and Cranie are essential cover for Fortune - because Pardew stupidly thought he could start a season with just 2 CBs. Cranie is no better than Moo2 who I feel sorry for because he has been improving at RB and was as far as I can remember not directly at fault for any of the goals on Saturday (unlike Weaver, Primus, Hudson and Youga who all kept their places)

Gillespie a good loanee because Sam just isn't doing his job.

As for Waghorn - no logic here at all - McLeod, Todorov and Dickson (even Fleetwood) deserve extended runs in the team now that they appear to be fit.