Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bailey

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Not even on the bench last night. Have I missed something? Is he injured or suspended?

Comments

• didn't go last night but my parents were told by two different people, one who works at the Club, of a massive training ground bust up on Monday. Maybe the reason ?
  • Not sure, Dropped I guess. Not been playing that well and Racon and Semedo did well according to reports.

Interesting that Parky was a midfield player and Racon was always a player he rated.
  • He does seem the type to be a little hot headed.

He has been very poor lately, Semedo/Racon did a good job last night, so I reckon Bailey might have a job on his hands to get his place back.

Who was the bust up between?
  • He's certainly lost form of late - lost count of the number of stray passes he's made in recent home games - reckon Parkinson wanted to shake up the midfield a bit.
  • Depends if Bailey threw his toys out of the pram because he was told first that he was dropped.
    If that's the case, tough - he'll have to win his place back if he's good enough.

If there was another angle that led to a bust up - well, that's just plain old disciplinary stuff.
    Can't have a player bigger than the club.

We'll see. Often these are just a storm in a teacup situation, like in any workplace, and usually blow over.
  • edited November 2008
    Bailey has got to be a bit more consistent to get a regular place.

I like Racon and Semedo though, when Pardew was still here I thought Racon would struggle to get his place back, as Pardew had a favourite in Holland and he said Bailey was one of the players that couldn't be dropped.
  • If they were alll more consistent, we wouldn't be in this mess!
  • Semedo was top top class last night though, put a real shift in, kept the ball well and got it off QPR players as well. Racon faded as the game went on, but looked a fine player given a role to roam about