Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeod on target yet again as reserves win.

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/default.ink

Goals from Izale McLeod and some other bloke earned Charlton's reserves a 2-1 win over Aldershot Town in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Sparrows Lane on Wednesday.

After Aldershot had gone in front early on, McLeod drew the Addicks level, before whatshisname grabbed the winner shortly after half-time.

In an entertaining game which saw run-outs for Jonathan Fortune, Chris Solly and Harry Arter after recent injury problems.....

Surely Izele must be in the 16 on Saturday. He scored loads for MK Dons and in the reserves so deserves a chance.

Comments

• Options
    And I keep forgetting we've got Hans Martin Christensan Anderson as a winger as well.
  • Options
    oh look Chris Dickson got the other one, still fail to see why he hasn't started a game this season
  • Options
    Maybe the other fella too? Nah, that'd be nuts.
  • Options
    Sounds like Dicko and McLeod were busy all game

Surely one of them deserves a chance
  • Options
    Why Not both Swis? give gray a rest maybe..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Sounds like Dicko and McLeod were busy all game

Surely one of them deserves a chance

yes, Mcleod does.
  • Options
    Just did a quick tot up of goals. So far this season Dickson has scored 6 in 7 for the reserves, whilst Izzy has scored 3 in 5. Very impressive when you consider both coming back from major injuries. Only makes it all the more confusing when Pards a)wouldn't play them, b)got in loans to push them further down the order and c)reckons dickson isn't ready for the first team yet keeps scoring at reserves and league 1 level for fun.
  • Options
    So now Kins is looking after the first team someone else must have managed this reserve side to a win.

Proves beyond all argument that Kinsella is a bad manager ; - )
  • Options
    think izzy should partner gray on sat. he cant do any worse can he
  • Options
    6 in 7 and 3 in 5

Not bad considering we are bottom of the table
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    way i see it is that Grey, varney and toddy have had all season to prove themselves, and for me they haven't done that. We should be giving wags, Chris and McLeod at least 3/4 games to prove themselves. What i have seen of wags he looks like an exciting player and Dickson works very hard and he can finish which he proves in the reserves regulary. As for McLeod, he has proven himself at MK Dons and our reserves but hasnt really had a run in our side to prove himself for our first team. Pardew gave him one game and i think even in that game he was substituted. Time they were all given there chance.
  • Options
    Don't think Toddy has had all season. he's hardly featured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And I keep forgetting we've got Hans Martin Christensan Anderson as a winger as well.

Thats just a character from a fairy tale
  • Options
    kk agree that toddy hasnt had all season, but still feel he has enough time to prove himself and he hasn't done that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_4life[/cite]kk agree that toddy hasnt had all season, but still feel he has enough time to prove himself and he hasn't done that

He's not shone but he's a different type of player.

TBH I think Izele and Dickson will start on Saturday but on loan for other clubs
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    "TBH I think Izele and Dickson will start on Saturday but on loan for other clubs"

Sounds like the man knows something?

And if they do, what odds that both score ? !

Afterthought on edit : Forest are struggling for goals. Is 'O.G.' still their top scorer? We could send them both there...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]"TBH I think Izele and Dickson will start on Saturday but on loan for other clubs"

Sounds like the man knows something?

And if they do, what odds that both score ? !

No, no inside info just the logic of if you are bringing players and their wages in then you want to move players and their players out.

Hope they both do score. That's the point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/default.ink

Goals from Izale McLeod and some other bloke earned Charlton's reserves a 2-1 win over Aldershot Town in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Sparrows Lane on Wednesday.

After Aldershot had gone in front early on, McLeod drew the Addicks level, before whatshisname grabbed the winner shortly after half-time.

In an entertaining game which saw run-outs for Jonathan Fortune, Chris Solly and Harry Arter after recent injury problems.....

Surely Izele must be in the 16 on Saturday. He scored loads for MK Dons and in the reserves so deserves a chance.

Henry, with that sort of bias reporting, a career for one of the "red tops" surely beckons.

Sorry but I just had to bite!
  • Options
    The "some other bloke" didn't come out too bold on my posting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]http://www.cafc.co.uk/default.ink

Goals from Izale McLeod andsome other blokeearned Charlton's reserves a 2-1 win over Aldershot Town in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Sparrows Lane on Wednesday.

Henry, with that sort of bias reporting, a career for one of the "red tops" surely beckons.

Sorry but I just had to bite!

LOL it was all for you AA ; - )

Would love a job with the red tops. Anyone know who I talk to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still got a few contacts. I can probably put you in touch, Henry !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Still got a few contacts. I can probably put you in touch, Henry !

Where do I sign. I promise not to rip all my ideas off from CL.
  • Options
    is it me or is Dicko deceptively tall?
  • Options
    he is bloody useless , izale the clown should be at the circus .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]he is bloody useless , izale the clown should be at the circus .

Not your favourite players, Boogie ....?
  • Options
    no he was another bad buy who hasnt produced like some of the others .
  • Options
    From the OS:

"Former Dulwich Hamlet striker Dickson picked the ball up on the left-hand side of the penalty area, before skipping past an Aldershot defender and slotting home."

Jeez, we've been sorely missing that kind of opportunism.
  • Options
    yeh, like he's been given a chance ?

poor lad has hardly started a game and mostly (like Dickson) has had 5 or 10 mins at the end of a game, usually when we are behind and chasing it.

Varney has been given chance after chance and big Chris last year played in EVERY game. - even the young lad Waghorn got a start last night.

I say give Mcleod and Dickson a run of 5 or 6 games to see what they have or havn't got. No-one on here can give an informed opinion on either one as we haven't seen enough of them in action.

PS - i should know - I have seen most games since we've been in this league & only missed 2 games so far this season.
  • Options
    Well Izzy and Dicko did all right playing up front together today in the reserves.
    Seemed to complement each other well, teeing chances up for each other.

But then it'll be much more pressured at League level - especially at home.
  • Options
    The thing is reserve football is about Conference Standard which is more or less where Dicko was spotted ok maybe a league or two higher.

Championship football is a much higher level than the reserves.

That said they both have pace and might offer something different. Izale did score a lot of goals two seasons ago and hasn't really had a fair crack of the whip with us and Dicko really is an unknown quantity.