Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew, Kiely and Powell

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
EXCLUSIVE: Kiely fingers Charlton flops

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/Charlton_Football_Club/story.aspx?brand=GVSROnline&category=CharltonFootball&tBrand=GVSROnline&tCategory=CharltonFootball&itemid=WeED26%20Nov%202008%2012%3A48%3A53%3A030

EXCLUSIVE: Powell - Charlton must act quickly
http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/Charlton_Football_Club/story.aspx?brand=GVSROnline&category=CharltonFootball&tBrand=GVSROnline&tCategory=CharltonFootball&itemid=WeED26%20Nov%202008%2012%3A52%3A48%3A230

Pardew exit came 'five weeks early'
http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/Charlton_Football_Club/story.aspx?brand=GVSROnline&category=CharltonFootball&tBrand=GVSROnline&tCategory=CharltonFootball&itemid=WeED26%20Nov%202008%2012%3A49%3A28%3A533

Comments

• Options
    " Secretary of the Greenwich and Bexley branch of the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club Steve Bailey told the Times that the supporters' display of anger after the 5-2 loss to the Blades had been instrumental in the volte-face.

He said: "We were told at a meeting by Richard Murray that Pardew had been given until the Sheffield United away game at the end of the year to make an improvement".

Which meeting was this then?
  • Options
    I'm disgusted. Murray told us at City Addicks that Pards had until 5pm on Boxing Day and no longer.
  • Options
    Put your claws away :-)
  • Options
    EXCLUSIVE: Kiely fingers Charlton flops

Now that is what I would call an exclusive
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]EXCLUSIVE: Kiely fingers Charlton flops

Now that is what I would call an exclusive
    Ha ha!
  • Options
    I'd rather Ricky Hatton give them a good fisting........
  • Options
    Lesbianism and fisting all on the same day, AKFA?

Think you'd better put a 'parental advisory/adult content' warning on the site !
  • Options
    i meant in boxing terms guv !!

rotten minds the lot of ya
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]i meant in boxing terms guv !!

rotten minds the lot of ya

boxers fisting each other! you're a sick man AFKA : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]" Secretary of the Greenwich and Bexley branch of the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club Steve Bailey told the Times that the supporters' display of anger after the 5-2 loss to the Blades had been instrumental in the volte-face.

He said: "We were told at a meeting by Richard Murray that Pardew had been given until the Sheffield United away game at the end of the year to make an improvement".

Don't want to piss on anyone's parade here, but seeing a quote like that in the media is bad news for those of us who enjoy City Addicks and Henry's Bromley meetings :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]" Secretary of the Greenwich and Bexley branch of the Charlton Athletic Supporters' Club Steve Bailey told the Times that the supporters' display of anger after the 5-2 loss to the Blades had been instrumental in the volte-face.

Don't want to piss on anyone's parade here, but seeing a quote like that in the media is bad news for those of us who enjoy City Addicks and Henry's Bromley meetings :-(

That was my point. Don't know if Steve Bailey was at City Addicks but the feedback I got from that meeting was that is was off the record and that no date was mentioned.

Hence my surprise although given Steve Bailey's flights of fantasy regarding Bromley Addicks and other things in the past maybe not that much of a surprise.
  • Options
    Know what you mean Inspector, personally not sure what anyone gets out of offering a quote like that.

I have to admit i'm unaware of RIchard saying anything as specific as that at City Addicks, so not sure if he is referring to another meeting.
  • Options
    Anyone got an idea what Steve Bailey is on about?

Or even who Steve Bailey is?
  • Options
    I don't think Murray would be so explicit, either.

Hmmm.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Anyone got an idea what Steve Bailey is on about?

Or even who Steve Bailey is?

Looks like Peter Leaver, but shorter, fatter and less hair.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Miaoooowwwwwwww!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [quote]That was my point. Don't know if Steve Bailey was at City Addicks but the feedback I got from that meeting was that is was off the record and that no date was mentioned.

Hence my surprise although given Steve Bailey's flights of fantasy regarding Bromley Addicks and other things in the past maybe not that much of a surprise.[/quote]

Are you suggesting the KT's story is based on the views of someone with only the vaguest concept of fact and truth? Oh dear.
  • Options
    Well I had heard Sheff utd away so either it was leaked or it was a good guess. Either way, like you say Henry, not good to have it in the open if it was mentioned in confidence
  • Options
    not Sheff utd at home, a coincedence perhaps?

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]That was my point. Don't know if Steve Bailey was at City Addicks but the feedback I got from that meeting was that is was off the record and that no date was mentioned.

Hence my surprise although given Steve Bailey's flights of fantasy regarding Bromley Addicks and other things in the past maybe not that much of a surprise.

Are you suggesting the KT's story is based on the views of someone with only the vaguest concept of fact and truth? Oh dear.[/quote]

Not suggesting it, stating it.

And to think that the KT used to have such good Charlton connections : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    [quote][
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexleytimes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]That was my point. Don't know if Steve Bailey was at City Addicks but the feedback I got from that meeting was that is was off the record and that no date was mentioned.

Are you suggesting the KT's story is based on the views of someone with only the vaguest concept of fact and truth? Oh dear.

Possibly defamatory.[/quote]

Why, cause you're story is badly sourced?
  • Options
    But which one's better? Bexley Times or News Shopper? There's only one way to find out....

FIIIIIIGHT!!!
  • Options
    Yeah bring it on Heath hahaha
  • Options
    There is nothing possibly defamatory about it Sexley-Bexley Times. I asked a question after a regular and respected poster on here had suggested your source wasn't very reliable and was asking for clarification from Henry.

Henry's response:

<

And to think that the KT used to have such good Charlton connections : - ) >

Show me the defamation? Don't you need an NCE to know what that is anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]There is nothing possibly defamatory about it Sexley-Bexley Times. I asked a question after a regular and respected poster on here had suggested your source wasn't very reliable and was asking for clarification from Henry.

Henry's response:

<

And to think that the KT used to have such good Charlton connections : - ) >

Show me the defamation? Don't you need an NCE to know what that is anyway.

I'm not sure that everyone would agree with "regular and respected" Paul : - )
  • Options
    Haha cheers 'Henry'. The fact these blow-ins from Sidcup don't even know who you really are is probably the funniest thing about it to me.

I'll put you out of your misery BT, click on Henry's name to show his profile and all will be revealed : )
  • Options
    "The fans would love someone like myself or Kinsella to be involved, but that decision is down to the board at the end of the day. I might go on into management one day, but the situation is that Phil Parkinson has the job and I am enjoying playing for Leicester.

"However, unless you are put in the situation, you don't know what you will do. People always say that they won't take on a job but, when they are asked, they cannot not do it.

Sounds like Powell would take the job if offered it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Haha cheers 'Henry'. The fact these blow-ins from Sidcup don't even know who you really are is probably the funniest thing about it to me.

I'll put you out of your misery BT, click on Henry's name to show his profile and all will be revealed : )

ooooh, your such a name dropper
  • Options
    I'm guessing the 5 week thing with Pardew now applies to Parkinson.