Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Just had a few beers with a couple of Reading fans

CHGCHG
edited November 2008 in General Charlton
They to watch the Royals home and away, everytime somebody asks them who has been the best team you have played since relegation from the prem they always say Charlton. The other fan always says they are the worst team they have played. How do we get to those heights again?

Comments

• Options
    BDLBDL
    edited November 2008
    Quite simple, get the players believing in themselves again.

Oh and playing a team that let's us play!
  • Options
    I said that is key, a team that plays loose. However, I think with our performance yesterday, if Parkie can motivate the boys then we will be useful again.
  • Options
    I think the team is gripped by fear ATM. Sometimes in this situation younger players are a better option as they don't tend to be affected by fear to the same extent. I think it's important that Paky identifies players of the right character to play. Dickson seems to be one who exudes self confidence and likely wouldn't freeze in front of goal in the same way as Varney is at present. Shelvey also seems to be full of confidence. Get a few strong characters in the team with lots of self confidence and I think you would see a completely different team out there.
  • Options
    good point
  • Options
    Yeah, agree with that QA, looking forward to seeing the team this Saturday and the way we approach the match.
  • Options
    dont think we will be playing 4-5-1 on Saturday which in its self will be an improvement
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]They to watch the Royals home and away, everytime somebody asks them who has been the best team you have played since relegation from the prem they always say Charlton. The other fan always says they are the worst team they have played. How do we get to those heights again?

Can't follow what you mean mate...sorry?
  • Options
    Probably not worded amazingly, I had just had a few bevs with some Reading fans.

Basically, they go around saying to everybody that we are mustard, everybody else says we are pone, odd situtation no?
  • Options
    Yeah didn't Varney play well that day - confidence is an amazing thing in football.
  • Options
    Unless there's a fundamental change in the management structure Dicko won't be going anywhere near a start, sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think now is the time for Shelvey QA....and at the moment I dont think we have a gameplan that suits his style....loved the Racon Semedo engine room the other night.
  • Options
    Totally sumed Pardew up, when he wanted to get one over on his old employes he found the skills to motivate the team, the two of four best performances during his time in charge where againest Reading 4-2, and West Ham, goes to show his heart wasnt in the job and when it was he produced the results
  • Options
    Interesting you say that, I disccussed that point with them, Pards eh, not a great two years those.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Totally sumed Pardew up, when he wanted to get one over on his old employes he found the skills to motivate the team, the two of four best performances during his time in charge where againest Reading 4-2, and West Ham, goes to show his heart wasnt in the job and when it was he produced the results

Agree totally, dont think he was ever really committed to us, the job was convenient for him at the time, end of.