Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Davies

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Nottingham Forest are set to sack boss Colin Calderwood on Thursday and former Derby boss Billy Davies has verbally agreed to take charge at the City Ground. (Daily Mirror)

Comments

• Options
    sounds like Forest beat us to it...unless we were never interested
  • Options
    or are we more interested in Big Sam and he has been blown Forest out to come to us as it was reported at the start of the week he was set for Forest
  • Options
    Bit poor on Forests part if true imo.

Talking to a manager before you've even sacked your current one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Bit poor on Forests part if true imo.

Talking to a manager before you've even sacked your current one.

and from BD as well if true!
  • Options
    breaking on ssn.
    he has agreed to become forest manager according to his representative.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Bit poor on Forests part if true imo.

Talking to a manager before you've even sacked your current one.[/quote]

A bit poor but not uncommon.
  • Options
    So that's Forest saved :-(

Have to hope Blackpool/Southampton and one other IMPLODE.

And we get 10wins.

B-)
  • Options
    606 poster claims to have heard from reliable inside source that we have Parky until the end of the season. Announcement expected very soon.
  • Options
    Watch out for Derby to collapse. OK, they are 10 pts ahead of us (and Blackpool are 12 ahead, btw). But I read their chairman somewhere saying he wanted Chris Hutchings to be caretaker for as long as possible with the the hope that he will pck up some points and they can then make him permanent. Sounds familar?

Hopefully means they wll now go two months without a win for as we saw at the Valley before Xmas, they are a really poor side and Hutchings has a far worse record than Parky with not even a Colchester-style success story in his locker. Sacked after 21 games at Barnsley and after 12 as caretaker at Wigan...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]606 poster claims to have heard from reliable inside source that we have Parky until the end of the season. Announcement expected very soon.

Simply ludicrous

How can it be justified? Have they carried out the strategic review?

Why bullshit us with talk of a strategic review and then do the worst possible strategy - are they genuinely clueless?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wait till its official or not dude, its probably code for raising more finance is possible
  • Options
    Simply ludicrous

How can it be justified? Have they carried out the strategic review?

There may be some truth in this story, or there might not be, bear in mind that it's a 606 poster and not a credible source.
  • Options
    Said all along, Parky will have the job long term, finances dictate.
  • Options
    More than likey we will be stuck with him, League 1 is licking it's lips.
  • Options
    As I said in the 'was there a board meeting yesterday?' thread, there's a very simple way to kill this story, if not true. The 606 poster claims the decision was taken at a board meeting yesterday. We have some extremely well connected Charlton Lifers - surely one of them can tell us if the board did meet yesterday? If the answer is 'no, most of them are off on skiing holidays', then we know its b*ll**ks.
  • Options
    thought Board Meetings were normally on a Monday, and usually the first in the month at that. Where is suzisausage when you need her.
  • Options
    Baking mince pies

;o)
  • Options
    "Where is suzisausage when you need her. "

Either up a mountain skiing - or putting out the chairs for the press conference !!!
  • Options
    Worked out well for Forest since they sacked him!
  • Options
    That's what Covered End Junior said last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never understood the appointment of the pompey fella (whose name escapes me). Wasn't exactly setting the football world alight down there, was he.................
  • Options
    Steve Cotterill
  • Options
    Great quote from Richard Cawley on Twitter last night "Shame to see Steve Cotterill struggling at Forest. Found him truly unpleasant to deal with in the past."
  • Options
    Richard Cawley the food writer?
  • Options
    Ok Rich Cawley from the SLP, but I believe his Mum calls him Richard!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Wasn't Davies always arguing with the board and thus unpopular?

Even if so, they finished 6th last season didn't they? What a very silly decision.

Reminds me of when the Gills got rid of Peacock after years of nearly getting promoted, then plummeted.
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Gills getting rid of Pulis - truly mental - Davies did wonders at Forest but the board thought they knew best....

Davies is a pain in the arse and an old school manager but whereas he might have got them promoted their managers this season may well get them relegated....
  • Options
    when's waggy going mr supaclive and where's our big signings???
  • Options
    What's that got to do with Billy Davies ooohaah?

Patience is a virtue my dear.

• Options
    nothing but you've been hiding ... so i had to pounce !