Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jon Fortune

When Fortune and Hudson played together this season we conceded 8 goals in 7 games and had 3 clean sheets
when Primus and Hudson have played together this season he have conceded 17 goals in 8 games no clean sheets

No brainer - if Fortune is fit then he must play on saturday - he's no Richard Rufus - but Hudson clearly prefers playing alongside him

Comments

• Options
    primus has been crap end of yet seems devoid of criticism.
  • Options
    Never thought I'd miss the rock that is J.Fortune esq. But lets face it we don't even look like keeping a clean sheet at the mo.
  • Options
    I was saying this in another thread.

get him in he looked good at the start of the season.
  • Options
    Agreed. He has to start on Saturday.

For whatever reason, the Hudson/Primus partnership has been an absolute disaster!
  • Options
    If you actually look at the stats our defence has done pretty well in open play and have conceded most goals from set pieces as a result of individual errors, usually from the midfielders and strikers. Blaming this on Primus and citing the defensive record during the period Fortune was playing (during which we played all the promoted clubs, I think, and before we got on this confidence-sapping run) is really not a good analysis.
  • Options
    Fortune allows Hudson to attack the ball as he knows he got someone with a bit of pace behind him to bail him out if needs be.
  • Options
    Totally agree. Plus he's a Charlton player. Same argument as the Basey versus McEveley debate.
    I’d like to see Basey, Hudson, Fortune and Cranie play the next 5 games.

Solid and keeps some consistency in selection