Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Support on Saturday

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33304

Looks like Southampton are going to travel well Saturday.

We really have to get behind the boys, a great atmosphear will surley help confidence, if they know we are behind them 100% willing them on it can only be a good thing? we have to do everything we can... IMO this is a massive game we cannot lose and a win would really lift us.. so come on, Lets really get behind them!!

Comments

• I think we as a crowd have been very kind to the players.

We have got behind them and they still don't perform.

So I don't think it makes much difference anymore...
  • What's the point? The players will not respond,they NEVER do. And then we will get the ump and get on there backs.
    Probably better if nobody bothers turning up in fact.Then our precious little soldiers might just come out of their shells.
  • Athletico Madrid managed to win in an empty stadium last night and we lost 4-1 at Blackburn when we had 7,500 singing for 90mins. I don't think support is that much of a factor to a player.
  • Break the flag out Rothko?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Break the flag out Rothko?[/quote]

good call
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]Break the flag out Rothko?[/quote]

good call[/quote]

Thats a great idea, the flag always builds a bid of atmosphear before the game. Anything to keep the spirits up cant be bad!

I actually cant wait for Saturday, its such a crunch game I just hope the players are as up for it as I am!

COME ON YOU REDS!
  • It's simple, we need to score the first goal to bring the confidence back. Concede first and it will be the same old story.
  • get rid of the fecking feesh
  • Deffo get rid of the fish its embarressing!

Should also get rid of the kid talking about whatever he talks about just before we kick off, it completly silences the crowd and is just plain WET!
  • I agree with Big Red, yes we r hostile at times, who wouldn't be when u hav Darren Moore putting us 3-0 before half time, followed by a 5-2 drubbing, these guys get paid obscene amounts compared to the average joe and to go out and perform the way they have at times, they don't deserve a penny, we pay for season tickets, yes they may not be overly pricy compared to some but when we come to watch our team we expect at least some effort and not a performance led by a man standing with his arms crossed doing f all whilst we 5-1 down, thats why i'm dissapointed Varney has gone, the only player who puts in 100% from the first minute to the last, that's all i as a fan asks for Premier League or Blue Square!!!

So saturday will be the same as any other game, if we go down fighting once more like we truely did on Tuesday I will go home knowing that we put in an effort and sooner or later we will come good, soon enough to save us, who knows but that isn't the point I would still be there next season. But if we go down with another lacklustre performance I think the fans have their right to put across their opinon certainly after the final whistle has gone, but during the game I do think it is key that we get behind the boys 100% and will em on and we may just get our reward!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• It'd be interesting to see whether turning our hostility towards the opposition's players for 90 minutes had a greater effect than on our own? We get so engrossed in our own team's play, same for most home fans, but if we started booing their players for every pass misplaced, told them they were sh*t every time they mis-directed a shot etc and generally gave as much abuse to their players as so many of our supporters do to ours, just wonder what effect it would have? I am not advocating physical hostility, but if some have to start the verbals, then maybe a nice little experiment and it may start to become a more difficult/unpleasant place to come.
    Seriously, with all our new loanees playing Saturday, one, two or three of which may become perms, we should be giving them a big warm Valley welcome and encouraging them to put all in. If they do and critically the balance of the team and plan A,B and C PP puts out is right, then we'll bag three points and we'll have something to build on - up the football league we go.....
  • Agreed Pavo.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]get rid of the fecking feesh[/quote]

had its time was fun for a few games time to go