Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ashamed

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
saturday - for the first time ever i felt ashamed of my fellow charlton supporters. what posseses people to chant the likes of "we want 6" and "fcuk off back to city". Im sure Weaver would like to be at City right now and appreciated the support.

I remember my first game at the Valley. We lost and played shocking. but i was engrossed by the north stand. i feel for anyone who was witnessing their first Valley game on saturday . not becuase of what was happening on the pitch, but what was happening in the stands. "we want 6, we want 6" only to be interrupted by the nausea inducing "fiiiiiiish". say what you see people.

Comments

• Options
    one of the main reasons i haven't renewed my season ticket over the past three years - i don't like being sang at sit down shut up by people my own age when i'm trying to get some cheers going or when i sang stand up if you love charlton....
  • Options
    You're not buying a season ticket because other fans aren't loyal enough? Lucky your stand has co-incided with our worst run in decades, eh?
  • Options
    Me nope i stopped going at the end of the 0506 season when the support changed as Curbs left.
  • Options
    Sadly I've felt ashamed of our support a few times now. The worse was when a section were chanting Arsenal and Thierry Henry at Old Trafford a few seasons ago.

The chants directed at weaver were shocking, I have no idea how people have missed the great saves he's done this season.

Thankfully I didn't hear anything directed at the board.
  • Options
    there's a fair few whazzocks up there alright.
  • Options
    it was unbearable on saturday and I was sad I couldn't move out of my seat to move away from it. it was cringeworthy and embarrassing. i know curb_it feels the same about it and can't bear being there when the atmosphere is like it. it was better when it was half and half with regards to boo'ers and cheer'ers but the boo'ers drown out the cheer'ers (the boo'ers round me have never sung positive songs - EVER) now and its horrible.

I think i'm going to sit elsewhere on saturday so I have an easy escape to a nicer part of the ground just in case. i mentioned it elsewhere but there are people there who spend the whole game moaning about how bad it is - bugger off then and leave those willing to still encourage their team support their team without you.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Have to add that I felt very proud when a kid, who could of been no more than 7 stood on the gangway without his hands stretched out singing Valley Floyd Road.
  • Options
    No way the Valley is ace at the moment for support and getting behind the team you lot just choose not to hear it, you are all just miserable.
  • Options
    I'm going to go in on my ticket but go and sit near Tavern suzi if you fancy joining me as i think there are always seats over there, to the north west. Near Sco - and he drowns out any jeers. I've heard him before.
  • Options
    Me and NSS are going to be giving it loads old skool stylie in the Nth Upper all game i anticipate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've moved seats, think its 6 times in the last 2 months cos the whole north upper seems full of numpties. I'm as negative and down bout things as everone else, but don't vent to much anger during a game, and don't abuse idivdual players (other than morgan!!) its doesn't help matters, I've even boo'd after the full time whistle but not during a game, I'm not proud of that but neither am I ashamed of that, we've been shite and not played with any passion or effort. But I have never boo'd at players of the team during the match.

Should move to the east/west where fans are a little more restrained - but no atmosphere
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]No way the Valley is ace at the moment for support and getting behind the team you lot just choose not to hear it, you are all just miserable.
    Pardew even gave us a thumbs up after the first goal because he could hear us chanting!
  • Options
    I'm in the West Stand in the corp lounge on Sat courtesy of Razils stag do... I will make it my mission to a) be completely pissed and b) sing positive chants very loudly (once I have got over the dissapointment of Varney going to fecking Derby)....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]No way the Valley is ace at the moment for support and getting behind the team you lot just choose not to hear it, you are all just miserable.

ace? seriously. you must be off your face when you are at a match. its awful.

I'm in the middle of the upper north and its negative all over apart from a handful of us encouraging the team and clapping when they do something positive.

saturday was a last straw - i might join you curbit!
  • Options
    Terrible terrible home support
  • Options
    I'm going in an exec box on Saturday East stand by the NE Quad. Expect to hear some loud support as there will be a Palace fan in the box as well.
  • Options
    no its called sarcasm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]no its called sarcasm

Ban him! Lowest form of wit. I hate you sarcastic bastards : - )
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    If it's that bad upstairs and you're thinking of a move, come down to the lower north. I can safely say that most of the abject negativity going on upstairs goes (scuse the pun) over my head apart from when it's very quiet, and you don't get anything like that level of twaddle down there.

As for chanting that at Weaver, total tosspots who know precisely nothing, and have the memory of that annoying orange thing that keeps flashing up on the scoreboard.
  • Options
    Guys - when things are THIS bad and there has been total mismanagement - both financially and on a day to day running basis for the last two years - along with p1ss poor entertainment - do you honestly think fans don't have the right to vent their displeasure and anger?

Come on now - we pay to go and watch the game and see the team try and perform - if they consistently underperform - as they have done for two years now - when IS it going to be ok to show your displeasure?

When we're in Division 2 ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Guys - when things are THIS bad and there has been total mismanagement - both financially and on a day to day running basis for the last two years - along with p1ss poor entertainment - do you honestly think fans don't have the right to vent their displeasure and anger?

Come on now - we pay to go and watch the game and see the team try and perform - if they consistently underperform - as they have done for two years now - when IS it going to be ok to show your displeasure?

When we're in Division 2 ?[/quote]

yeah but "we want 6" ??????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Guys - when things are THIS bad and there has been total mismanagement - both financially and on a day to day running basis for the last two years - along with p1ss poor entertainment - do you honestly think fans don't have the right to vent their displeasure and anger?

We are in Division 2
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Guys - when things are THIS bad and there has been total mismanagement - both financially and on a day to day running basis for the last two years - along with p1ss poor entertainment - do you honestly think fans don't have the right to vent their displeasure and anger?

I wonder if we are under performing or performing to the capabilities of the squad that just seem to be limited, by the poor purchases that Pardew and Dowie have made over the last three years that have squandered what little revenue we had. Only reid and imwelumo have generated a return greater than our outlay.
  • Options
    Underperforming due to "total mismanagement" - without the total mismanagement - we would be performing better than we are .... ergo!
  • Options
    Is that 'erewego?