Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jay McEveley

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2cF4-rI_LjU

I knew i remembered him from somewhere

Comments

• Shes an honour with Zheng Zhi, didnt he break Cisses leg in an international game?
  • 3 caps for the sweaties and was a regular in the second half of Derby's promotion season - could be a decent signing if its with a view to a permanent deal

Bang up to date Wiki entry
  • Decent player from all accounts, over 6 foot and adds a bit of height
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Decent player from all accounts, over 6 foot and adds a bit of height

and weight, judging by the picture on the OS!
  • He's had his doubters but he could be like Andy Todd - I am sure he has a mental streak in him too
  • He's Mickey Mouse, IMHO

From Liverpool, don't you know ;o )
  • While the Sheff Weds fans think we've signed a goodun in Burton, the Derby boys are less enthusiastic about McEveley:

http://forums.therams.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=19635&tstart=0
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]While the Sheff Weds fans think we've signed a goodun in Burton, the Derby boys are less enthusiastic about McEveley:

http://forums.therams.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=19635&tstart=0

what do they know !!!! LOL.
  • SE7SE7
    edited November 2008
    May be able to help us defend from set pieces then my god do we need some!!!
  • Not a name that I've even heard before therefore he must be rubbish ; - )

No idea about his qualities or lack of same. I'll take the drastic step of withholding judgement until I have seen him play. Radical and Un-Charlton Life like I know and if I'm banned for it then so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit Henry....You know that.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit Henry....You know that.

But he's right aint he!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not a name that I've even heard before therefore he must be rubbish ; - )

No idea about his qualities or lack of same. I'll take the drastic step of withholding judgement until I have seen him play. Radical and Un-Charlton Life like I know and if I'm banned for it then so be it.

Rebel !!

Is it to early to boo him
    ;-)
  • Yes he`s right.
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not a name that I've even heard before therefore he must be rubbish ; - )

Rebel !!

Is it to early to boo him
    ;-)

Give him 15 minutes then feel free ; - )
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Sarcasim is the lowest form of wit Henry....You know that.

Is it? : - )
  • 15 minutes !!!!! Thats what I would expect from you bunch of rose tinted merchants. For me. If he ain`t scored by then he can feck off.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]15 minutes !!!!! Thats what I would expect from you bunch of rose tinted merchants. For me. If he ain`t scored by then he can feck off.

And it better be a 30 yard screamer or he's out : - )
  • Gary Poole was my hero.
  • Not too sure about him but what i do know is he absolutely 100% cannot be worse than Youga.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Gary Poole was my hero.

He was a very nice guy...really sad about his career ending injury...a real gent and a good popular team man into the bargain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice to hear things like that.
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Not too sure about him but what i do know is he absolutely 100% cannot be worse than Youga.

Poor old Kelly....you know this kid just loves to play attractive free flowing football, he's anything but a solid old English style full back....I'm not sure which is which but either he doesn't have the footballing brain to match his ability or he doesn't have the ability to match his footballing brain...if only the two could meet up somewhere along the line he'd be a world beater!!
    Some things about the kid I really like and some things about him really fill me with dread.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Not too sure about him but what i do know is he absolutely 100% cannot be worse than Youga.

Poor old Kelly....you know this kid just loves to play attractive free flowing football, he's anything but a solid old English style full back....I'm not sure which is which but either he doesn't have the footballing brain to match his ability or he doesn't have the ability to match his footballing brain...if only the two could meet up somewhere along the line he'd be a world beater!!
    Some things about the kid I really like and some things about him really fill me with dread.

Agree, like him and really want him to succeed.
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Agree, like him and really want him to succeed.

Yes Ben..I'm often on the edge of my seat when he's in possesion...he's always looking for that telling pass or bit of flair...unfortunately I'm not sure that the English Championship League is the place to do it, at least on an ongoing basis!
    I'd be sad to see him leave..... if he ever does...cos I feel there's 'something' much more than we've seen thus far.
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part....but when he get's it right he's a pleasure to watch but admitedly as much a nightmare when he get's it wrong.
  • No but he did well at Scunny.

Not sure that Moo2 is an English league player either despite some ability. I blame Phil Chapple!
  • What a good post Soundas. I would love Youga to make it just like anyone else in a Charlton shirt but he does scare me as a defender.