Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

7 on loan, only 5 in the 16

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
So we've got 7 players in on loan now, but only 5 can be in the 16. Primus' and Cranie's loans are up at Xmas. Who do you think we'll see out of the 7 in the 16 then?

Bouazza, Gillespie and Primus have to be there for me. McEverly becoming number one in the left back position? And does this mean we won't be seeing Cranie after his loan deal runs out?

Comments

• Options
    I don't understand it.

We're in a huge mess, chucking in a few loan players for a few weeks I don't think will work.

The management and board have failed yet again to realise the mistake of last year when loan players disrupted the squad.
  • Options
    But the ones coming in now are with a view to the rest of the season, so if they're any good for us (as it sounds Gillespie was this week) then they are part of the squad for the rest of the season. Nobody can deny this squad of players have been a failure, so I am all for some new blood. Primus has been at the heart of a mistake ridden defence, so I would drop him asap.
  • Options
    we should be renamed charLOAN athletic fc ...... taxi
  • Options
    SOrry AFKA, but this is soul destroying.

If the success of yesteryear was built on consistency and planning, then we know what to expect with the wholesale chopping and changing we're experiencing now.

What must the players at the training ground think?

"Hi Deon. Yea you can park in Luke's spot, he'll be off in a minute. Oh, hang on, Jay McEveley's parked there.
    "Try Fleetwood's, we don't think he'll be back any time soon.
    "Or you can wait for Linvoy's. He'll be gone in a couple of weeks.
    "Have you met Keith Gillespie?"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]SOrry AFKA, but this is soul destroying.

If the success of yesteryear was built on consistency and planning, then we know what to expect with the wholesale chopping and changing we're experiencing now.

What must the players at the training ground think?

"Hi Deon. Yea you can park in Luke's spot, he'll be off in a minute. Oh, hang on, Jay McEveley's parked there.
    "Try Fleetwood's, we don't think he'll be back any time soon.
    "Or you can wait for Linvoy's. He'll be gone in a couple of weeks.
    "Have you met Keith Gillespie?"

Funniest thing I've read on here.

Sadly it's probably true :-(
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I personally think the five he picks on Saturday will be:

Mceveley
    Bouazza
    Gillespie
    Waghorn
    Burton

Based on Fortune being fit for selection
  • Options
    We are a pathetic shambles !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]We are a pathetic shambles !

be patient, stay positive,all this negativity is getting us nowhere give dowie- reed- pardew- parky-whoever time and it'll come good

it's been worse we didn't use to have a ground did you know

we've bounced back before ;-(
  • Options
    What really gets me is that Charlton were always seen as a well run model club. Scant evidence of that now to be honest. Makes me think that Curbishley was really the cement in our brick wall.
  • Options
    Screamer said:

"I personally think the five he picks on Saturday will be:
    Mceveley
    Bouazza
    Gillespie
    Waghorn
    Burton''

Agree with that Screamer. Moots and Fortune in for Cranie and Primus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ross[/cite]So we've got 7 players in on loan now, but only 5 can be in the 16. Primus' and Cranie's loans are up at Xmas. Who do you think we'll see out of the 7 in the 16 then?

Bouazza, Gillespie and Primus have to be there for me. McEverly becoming number one in the left back position? And does this mean we won't be seeing Cranie after his loan deal runs out?

Primus' loan is up after the Derby game.
  • Options
    I'm inclined to agree with Screamer as well.
  • Options
    'What really gets me is that Charlton were always seen as a well run model club. Scant evidence of that now to be honest. Makes me think that Curbishley was really the cement in our brick wall. '

spot on ShootersHillGuru