Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson's transfers

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
I like the fact Parkinson is at least being bold about the situation.

He must have looked at the dressing room and could see one striker cowering in the corner (Varney), a kid (Waghorn) and a bloke whose mind is elsewhere (Gray)

OK, I'm shocked we let Varney go on a perm deal but the journeyman status of Burton could just be the tyoe of experience our now inexperienced pool of strikers need.

I'm warming to the idea of PP as boss.

Comments

• Options
    On the Bright side, if there is one, he clearly has identified left back as something that needs sorting after one game something Pardew should have worked out six months ago.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I like the fact Parkinson is at least being bold about the situation.

He must have looked at the dressing room and could see one striker cowering in the corner (Varney), a kid (Waghorn) and a bloke whose mind is elsewhere (Gray)

OK, I'm shocked we let Varney go on a perm deal but the journeyman status of Burton could just be the tyoe of experience our now inexperienced pool of strikers need.

I'm warming to the idea of PP as boss.

Selectionwise he seems to be his own man.

I'm in the Salad camp re the Varney transfer though. I think he was told to get some dosh in pronto to pay Pardew off and Varney is one of the few worth anything (albeit less than we paid for him!).

The ZZ money come January is already budgeted and spent I suspect before Pardew got the tin tack.