Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If we are so cash strapped, as we obviously are then how

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
can we afford to pay two players each week when you know they can't even be selected on a Saturday ?

Comments

• Options
    mate leave it,it isn't worth it im gobsmacked.
  • Options
    My Guess would be one of two will be returning to their clubs in January.
  • Options
    Is it always the case you pay all of the players wages when they come on loan to you?
  • Options
    please tell us the details of who pays what % of wages on all our loan deals, in and out then?
  • Options
    I don't know either way...
  • Options
    Remember when a Sunday paper reported a Championship club had just signed a lower league untried player for £2m and given him £20k a week wages?

Pretty sure it was about Varney at the time.
  • Options
    we dont know how the loans have worked out, we might not be paying wages or a percentage of there weekly wage for a couple of them.
  • Options
    Why all this moaning about loan deals? It's all we can get and Parkinson has done exactly what any in coming manager will do, more some in, move some out, shack up the squad. As mentioned above it is a dead cert that at least 2, probably more, of the loads will be gone by the end of Jan 1st, if not sooner (doesn't primus' loan end after the derby game?).
  • Options
    Well said Andy.

Bouazza is having wages paid by Fulham by all accounts, and I wouldn't be surprised if Pompey are subbing us for there two.

I can't imagine Burton or McVerley are on big wages either.
  • Options
    I think Burton and Mini-Konch are on less wages than the Varnster
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Remember when a Sunday paper reported a Championship club had just signed a lower league untried player for £2m and given him £20k a week wages?

Totally sure you are wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Bouazza is having wages paid by Fulham by all accounts, .

you reckon?
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Is it always the case you pay all of the players wages when they come on loan to you?

No it's not. Each deal is different.

Some times you get a fee and wages, or just wages or part of wages or no wages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Is it always the case you pay all of the players wages when they come on loan to you?

No it's not. Each deal is different.

Some times you get a fee and wages, or just wages or part of wages or no wages.

So are we still paying some of Faye's wages then? I don't think we got a fee for him.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You'll have to ask a director a question like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Or get a quote from the Chairman....

"yes"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Remember when a Sunday paper reported a Championship club had just signed a lower league untried player for £2m and given him £20k a week wages?

Totally sure you are wrong.

No way in the world Mr. Varney was on 20K per week in the Champs, we were SELLING those players off, not bringing more of the bastards in.

Probably well under 10K per week, well under.
  • Options
    About the time Iwelumo signed, I seemed to remember seeing somewhere that he was a Bosman free transfer, given an unknown signing-on fee, and his wages were around £11,000 a week.

Okay nothing to do with loans - but I reckon this was probably the going rate at the time for the new signings - and Varney most likely would have been around that level, Weaver, Toddy too, McLeod a bit less again.

The Prem survivors, Reid, Ambrose, Thomas would no doubt have been on salaries a bit higher with or without a relegation clause - but they've all gone now.

So with Ambrose and Varney more or less gone, that's 2 more of the highest earners off the books.
    Let's face it, it's not only the supporters have given up on promotion - no doubt so will have the directors, so the fire sale continues. ZZ next.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Big Chris was a senior pro so wouldn't necessarily equate that Varney got same, might also explain his sale (highest earning striker at the club or on a par with Gray for example)
  • Options
    i Don't think we are paying any of waghorns wages - at least i hope not, we are doing them a massive favour by giving him some first team football. Wouldn't be suprised if we were not paying all of gillespes wages - he was never going to gt a game at shef u and was probably bringing the morale down. Primus and Cranies wages are most likely prem wages so we most likely can't afford to pay the whole of them, likewise with boazza. Most likely paying all of Burtons, but he was at shef wed and can't imagine he was on a massive wage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that Varney was on £14k, based on an argument he had with Pardew whereby Pardew threatened to drop him and he responded by saying "What do I care I'm earning £14,000 a week". probably total gob sxxte, but its a good stir for the gossip mill. Don't forget when we bought him he was suppossed to be our goal machine to get us to the prem.
  • Options
    maybe that included goal bonuses, so safe money...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]can we afford to pay two players each week when you know they can't even be selected on a Saturday ?[/quote]

Which 2 players ?

(abit slow this morning........)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    No, you're very slow ;o )
  • Options
    Isn't Primus off after the Derby game in a couple of weeks anyway?
  • Options
    And Waggy's only hear for a month, so it'll expire around that time too.
  • Options
    Agreed Valley, but........
    "Which 2 players ?".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Agreed Valley, but........
    "Which 2 players ?".

To put you out of your agony...

We can only have 5 loanees in our 16 for a match so as we have 7 loans (and counting) two of them will be picking up their wages spending saturday elsewhere.
  • Options
    Thank you Big William.
    I can go home now.