Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wednesday fans

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Seem to rate Burton and are gutted he's gone.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=92990

Comments

• edited November 2008
    This also:
    Wednesday fan: 'I'm a big fan of Deon. Technically the best footballer at the club by a distance. His intelligence, awareness, first touch, and hold up play are far better than any of our other strikers. I'll be a bit saddened if he goes.

Football wise: Burton has an exceptional footballing brain, can bring down the ball very well and has great link-up play. A lot of Wednesday's game depends on him. I think we will miss having a player like Burton.
  • What do these people know? they've only seen him play on a regular basis, Large Addick knows better then these lot
  • Thats a bit of encouragement. The fans don`t often get it wrong. Hope he does the bizzo for us but his recent goal scoring doesn`t inspire.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What do these people know? they've only seen him play on a regular basis, Large Addick knows better then these lot

just as Ipswich fans told us Benty was tosh. Just as Southend fans raved about Bailey.

As long as you are happy then that is all you need to worry about. If I want to be pessimistic and disappointed then that is what I'll be.
  • No but maybe with a spritly Chris Dickson to run around and score the goals -with Burton putting a few away with his head from Gillespie crosses.

It could be a good partnership.
  • Whos Chris Dickson.......Not seen him !
  • When you look at it - Varney out for say £1m, Burton in for £50k.

A confidence sapped player who doesn't know if he's a winger or a striker replaced by an experienced link player who can develop our young strikers.

Perhaps this is being too positive.

Can you be too positive??
  • edited November 2008
    Some people who watch Varney on a regular basis are gutted he's gone! Work that one out.

Has Burton been even a fairly consistent goalscorer anywhere??

He always seems to make a great start to a new career at a new club then just fades away to join another club and do the same thing all over again.
  • Grasping at straws if you ask me Valley11 ;-)
  • Here's been at Sheff Wed for 3 years.

He's also captained them.

Reckon it's a good move.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was joking to be honest Valley11. I am well prepared to give himhis chance.
  • Whats his goal record like?
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Whats his goal record like?

1 in 4
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Whos Chris Dickson.......Not seen him ![/quote]

Probably handing in his transfer request, id consider it an utter insult to have players like Burton brought in who will probably go straight into the team when he hasn't had a chance. Shambles.
  • 1 in 4 is about what I thought and considering he spent a fair chunk of time in Div 1. . . .
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What do these people know? they've only seen him play on a regular basis, Large Addick knows better then these lot

just as Ipswich fans told us Benty was tosh. Just as Southend fans raved about Bailey.

As long as you are happy then that is all you need to worry about. If I want to be pessimistic and disappointed then that is what I'll be.

And Everton fans told us " Marcus Bent is an arrogant t@sser, and a waste of a shirt! ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What do these people know? they've only seen him play on a regular basis, Large Addick knows better then these lot

And Everton fans told us " Marcus Bent is an arrogant t@sser, and a waste of a shirt! ;-)

And how wrong they were.....................oh.
  • Wonder what sort of impression Wolves fans would have got of Iwelumo if they had stumbled across this board...

With forwards in particular, surely a lot of it is about playing to their strengths - if you do that and they still aren't much good, then that's the time to form an opinion.