Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey???

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
I know there was a thread a day or so ago re his absence on Tuesday.......and there may well have been some more news elsewhere which I've missed; anyone have anymore gen on why he didn't feature?

Comments

• Options
    dropped ??
  • Options
    My guess would be dropped for poor performances, not unjust imo, hopefully shake him into gear to fight for his place back as Semedo/Racon should be first choice pairing from here on in.
  • Options
    I ask as there was a bit of gossip re a training ground bust up...with whom I'm not sure....just wondered if that was a bit of BS or not?
  • Options
    I think it's a bit harsh if he has been dropped I now his performances have dropped a bit and he has been caught on the ball a few times but if you had the ball and the only option you had to pass to was Sam for example I'd keep the ball.

Plus you look back at the 19 goals we have scored this season with Bailey in the team he has 3 goals, 3 assists and was involved in the build up of at least 4 more, I think there are other players that should be dropped a head of Bailey like some defenders, Youga for one.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    To be frank, after impressing on arrival in recent weeks he has looked like a lower league player struggling to make it in a higher division . So whether there was a bust-up at the training ground on Monday or not, he did not deserve to be playing Tues night. I was surprised he wasn't on the bench, though.

Racon and Semedo were v good by all accounts on Tues so hard to see him getting back in at the moment.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hopefully he was just dropped for his performances and it'll be good for him.

It's interesting that Parkinson also dropped Holland, Pardew said a few weeks ago he'd play the experienced players, he always seemed to think Holland had to play every game to get us out of the mess we were (and still are) in.

I like Racon and Semedo so I'm glad they're getting a chance. Holland did what he did every week, Bailey wasn't consistent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]To be frank, after impressing on arrival in recent weeks he has looked like a lower league player struggling to make it in a higher division . So whether there was a bust-up at the training ground on Monday or not, he did not deserve to be playing Tues night. I was surprised he wasn't on the bench, though.

Racon and Semedo were v good by all accounts on Tues so hard to see him getting back in at the moment.

I hope it is a temporary loss of confidence and nothing more.