Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

hypothetical question

seeing as 95% (ish) of people wanted rid of pardew, and a large % think the end of the world is nigh having shipped varney out....
assuming that varney has gone with a view to pay off pards, given hindsight, how many would turn the clock back 7 days and keep both?

Comments

• Options
    Can I turn it back 7 years please ?
  • Options
    nope glad they are both gone
  • Options
    No way, what is happening is right on balance. Varney out with most goals scored in a Championship season being er 8 and confidence shot to pieces, which if he read this board (and I would read a board giving a week on week appraisal of people's opinions about me at work if one was out there, sp why not him) comes as no surprise and replaced with an experienced striker that may need a change of scenery (and he's had a few in his career - 10 in fact) to help him kick into his usual form which is about 12/13 a season at this level. Oh yeah and we can pay off a man that caused a rapid slide down the Championship. Yes, we were a club on the slide, but only because of the inept management of an unholy trinity, including him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]No way, what is happening is right on balance. Varney out with most goals scored in a Championship season being er 8 and confidence shot to pieces, which if he read this board (and I would read a board giving a week on week appraisal of people's opinions about me at work if one was out there, sp why not him) comes as no surprise and replaced with an experienced striker that may need a change of scenery (and he's had a few in his career - 10 in fact) to help him kick into his usual form which is about 12/13 a season at this level. Oh yeah and we can pay off a man that caused a rapid slide down the Championship. Yes, we were a club on the slide, but only because of the inept management of an unholy trinity, including him.
    I love the power of positive thinking Pavo, keep it up!
  • Options
    If Varney going really is the price of getting Pardew out then it needed to be done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If Varney going really is the price of getting Pardew out then it needed to be done.

here, here len
  • Options
    spot on pavo and len
  • Options
    thought Pards was the right man when he got the job , but we was a disaster.

Varney had to go to pay Pards off --------------- sick that , when you think who signed him and how much we paid -----------but had to be done.

Just dont see how Parky wasnt involved in what has happened the last 2 years, but i dont think we have the money or time to look elsewhere. Therefore he will get the job and we all have to hope he shines and we get out of the imediate danger.
  • Options
    If parky is here come tuesday morning you can take it he has the job as we simply can't afford to let matches slip by with a caretaker manager in situ
  • Options
    Has the position of Manager actually been advertised?

Although there will be a substantial number of applications already, I thought we used to do this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    haven't seen it as I was thinkin of applying myself,with a first team coaching staff of NLA,WIWLB & BOOGICA.
  • Options
    i tell you what bud thats a winning team.

we wouldnt BS the fans either and let them build up false hope

im off to write my cv i have managed a team to 3 league wins 2 cups and a final apperance in a european tour and that aint on a computer.

Balham Town fc 1999-2003

Old fatboys running tings
  • Options
    Varney to pay for Pards now a few weeks ago we all thought Zi Zi would be off loaded to pay for Pards.

Does that mean anything he will stay ?
    or injury worse than expected and cant be sold in the window?
  • Options
    NLA,
    can I be a coach please ?
  • Options
    I'm not sure that Varney going is to pay off Pards, more likely it's the realisation that the Championship is a step above his ability and the connection between the two is that neither did the job they were brought in to do. I hope for his sake that he can kick-start his career and be in a settled environment back up north.
  • Options
    Derby is not exactly back up North - but he grew up not so far away, so Varney's going home really.

The one thing Pardew never seemed to do, was to recognise and utilise players' strengths.
    To me it's rule 1: Let the player do what he is best doing, that's how you'll get the best out of him.

You watch Varney settle in at Derby and do the business.